Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: drowning  (Read 3931 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 damn, what a wayto ruin a vacation. just read on MSN that a man from Kansas drowned on Ruth lake by outing. sounded like he was swimming from a pontoon!!!!!! :doah: sad deal any way you look at it!!!!!!!! :pouty: :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's just one of how many this year already!!!  to many fer sure!!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup what a sad deal.  Water is an unforgiving thing. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Not good. Plus there was one I Devils lake just this last week too.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
damn, what a wayto ruin a vacation. just read on MSN that a man from Kansas drowned on Ruth lake by outing. sounded like he was swimming from a pontoon!!!!!! :doah: sad deal any way you look at it!!!!!!!! :pouty: :doah:

Sadly, I see this every weekend with a bunch of drunks jumping off toons in the middle of the lake with no life jackets on!   :doah:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Sadly, I see this every weekend with a bunch of drunks jumping off toons in the middle of the lake with no life jackets on!   :doah:
Yea when we still had the permy site camper at the campground mid summer weekends this one bay was lined up with pontoons and other boats swimming and having happy hour.

Hell I even participated, but never drank  :shocked: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I don't know about up there, but down here on the river, every pontoon is fulla buffoons boozing it up, and hooting and hollering. Then the jet skiis are flying by. So much for a nice quiet day of fishing. We don't have many options down here. And only a very occassional water patrol boat. I used to do that when I was a deputy. Now they say they don't have the staff. I wonder where all those $$$ goes in this #1 city?? Plenty of new high-end hotels goin' up... :scratch:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Yea when we still had the permy site camper at the campground mid summer weekends this one bay was lined up with pontoons and other boats swimming and having happy hour.

Hell I even participated, but never drank  :shocked: :happy1:

Ya, know how many times I heard THAT one?!!   *HIC*  :doofus: :rotflmao:

« Last Edit: August 08/19/21, 02:02:24 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like they pulled a body out of leech lake to today. Someone reported a boat running with gear and a dog in the boat earlier but no operator.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I cannot understand why people don't wear life jackets! They've changed so much over the years, a class II or even class III is like wearing a fishing vest!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep. We got into the habit of wearing 16-17 years ago. Now this year we bought the inflatable ones when we got the new boat. Even more comfy. The other thing to is wearing the tether cord. That way the boat doesn't circle around and run you over.
Hey look your bobber is up!