Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Lots of animals, no bears  (Read 3302 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
First of all, I now know the sounds made by porcupines while mating. After an hour or so of quiet sitting in the popup blind on top of a slash pile, I hear a very close scary noise like a mix of sandhill crane's, sick dog, raven and dying rabbit after searching the wood pile outside the blind, I saw two porcupines going at it about 20 feet away.  I let them finish before I opened fire with my 40 Cal handgun.  Not being the best shot it took a full clip to put them down. I'm not sure if I ever heard the sound they were making as it was very unique.
Just prior to that encounter a doe and twins fed by me.  Pretty much though the day was done but before I could reload the clip, a flock of turkeys showed up.  Not long after they left the field, a bigger flock pecked their way past the bear bait.  Fun sit even if I didn't see a bear.   

Where's porky.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Cool. Very sporting of you to let them have one last coitus ritual before blasting them2
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
That's how I wanna go.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
How compassionate!  They thank you. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Cool. Very sporting of you to let them have one last coitus ritual before blasting them2
:party1: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
No bears here tonite either, just herding wild turkeys down the road...🦃
No wonder my neighbor's corn and soybean yields suck.  :doah:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
No bears here tonite either, just herding wild turkeys down the road...🦃
No wonder my neighbor's corn and soybean yields suck.  :doah:
:tut: awe quit your whining ya sniveling you you old sheep farmer!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Probably too much rain.

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
That's how I wanna go.
Me, too—at age 94, dispatched by a jealous husband.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL D.E. nice of ya to let the critters finish,or were ya peeking....your pic's ,phone or camera? turned out pretty good,curious.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
snow1,
These pictures were taken with my an i-phone 10+.  I got it a couple weeks ago from my daughter when she upgraded to a 12 pro.
I still have so learning to do regarding pictures as it has a lot more options than my old phone.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
pic's turned out great,I also like your trail cam shots,what brand are those TC's? I need to upgrade my trail cam's soon,my "night hawks " are out dated but at the time I liked the real time photog's coming to my cell phone.