Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Where are the Gophers?  (Read 44437 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :pouty: meh the gopher mens hockey team is where its at. 8pm tomorrow night on the big 10 network!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: Aw, go lay by yer dish!  :rotflmao: Yup, Penn St. is in town at Mariucci. Hope they have some goals left in 'em after pounding on Bucky a couple weekends ago.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
listrened to an interview with the HC the other night......guess its a one and done deal if they lose.....so yea they need to bring it!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Maybe they can bus a crowd over from the High School Tourney at the X. Lord knows they won't draw flies on their own.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looked like the stands where pretty full when they played the cheese head hockey team???

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Back before the Big 10 became whores for the money hockey was fun. Big time rivalries with several programs both in-state and outstate. Now, not so much. I haven't watched a full period of Gopher hockey this year and the game vs Penn State won't be one I watch either. I don't care about Penn State. The game against them means nothing to me. Give me a battle against Duluth, St. Cloud, North Dakota and even Bucky and I would be glued to the TV.

People can spew about how great the Big 10 is for hockey, but the proof is you can get a ticket anytime for any game at Mariucci. That was seldom the case before the U bent over for the Big 10.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: meh the gopher mens hockey team is where its at. 8pm tomorrow night on the big 10 network!!!!! :happy1:
:scratch: Penn St has a hockey team?  :shocked:  Do they all look like Leech's Uber driver? :confused:                :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:                                     :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: 
« Last Edit: March 03/11/22, 02:23:43 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Back before the Big 10 became whores for the money hockey was fun. Big time rivalries with several programs both in-state and outstate. Now, not so much. I haven't watched a full period of Gopher hockey this year and the game vs Penn State won't be one I watch either. I don't care about Penn State. The game against them means nothing to me. Give me a battle against Duluth, St. Cloud, North Dakota and even Bucky and I would be glued to the TV.

People can spew about how great the Big 10 is for hockey, but the proof is you can get a ticket anytime for any game at Mariucci. That was seldom the case before the U bent over for the Big 10.

Yup, dutchy, was a bitter pill to swallow for me too after being at the U when Herbie had national championships and the Miracle on Ice crew. Up until they joined the Big 10 conference, for years that was our Friday & Saturday nite ritual. Come in the house after chores, make supper & watch Gopher hockey. The guys doing the games were great. Now the Big 10 broadcasters (if they even televise the Gopher games) are hit and miss, especially the Kelly(?) guy they think is so great. One of the most bland, milk toast hockey announcers I've ever listened to especially after hearing the likes of Doug McLeod and The Wooger. Donnie was a big factor in making the switch too. WTH was he thinking?  :scratch:

One has to hope that rivalries develop over time. Aside from the Badgers and the occasional interaction with Mich St. & Mich over the years, that simply hasn't happened. I didn't even realize Ohio St. had a hockey team until the Big 10 hockey conference was created. That said, I enjoy seeing Michigan, Bucky or Ohio St. get beat at anything including tiddly winks so there is that. Now if the Hawkeyes would just get a hockey team... :rotflmao:   

« Last Edit: March 03/11/22, 04:09:40 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
oh i agree with you guys about the big 10 crap with what it did to hockey. them rivalries where awesome.

back in my DCI days i had a friend that had st cloud state season tickets, said if i ever wanted to go he said ask. so i asked once when st cloud was playing to gophers......he laughed at me.  :doah: he said when st cloud plays Alaska Anchorage you got a shot!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I actually followed the Gopher men's hockey team quite a bit closer back when it was the old WCHA, guys. I couldn't get the games on TV down home much though but usually knew when they were playing 1 of their better rivals that were good that year. :cool:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
if i find where st cloud, the gophers or UMD are playing i try and tune in........especially now at tourney time!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Great move by Frannie putting Toussaint in & going to the zone. That got 'em running, rebounding, & took Rutgers out their offense. Hitting 22 straight FTs, 25/27 for the game & winning the battle on the boards didn't hurt either. Got pretty chippy though as there was 6 technical fouls called. :crazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so all this BB talk........gotta question........does does Dotches favorite bucky player, this Davidson,  :evil: :sleazy: have any chance of being and NBA player?????

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I wouldn't think he'd get drafted very high, if at all. He can shoot the 3 pretty decent, plays tough D, & rebounds OK so I wouldn't be that surprised to see some team give him a look. Might have to play the G league for a year or 2 before getting a real shot though. :scratch:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Davison might be able to play G league or overseas but rumor has it per some info on the gopherhole, his butt buddy, coach Gard, is keeping him around as a grad assistant. Should be lots more tripping, elbowing, flopping & nut punching in their future. Classy.  :rolleyes:

Man oh man, wish I'd watched that Hawkeye game.  Doing tax chit is overrated. With all those technicals, did they have to get that Francon meter out?  :scratch:
« Last Edit: March 03/11/22, 06:43:52 PM by Dotch »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Think I heard that on BD34 during a conference game this season too, Dotch. Not 1 technical was called on Fran. :doah: At 1/2 court during a TV timeout to chat with the refs a little though but quite calm for Fran. No more than a 8, maybe a 7 on your scale IMO. Found this: https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/2022/03/11/rutgers-basketball-strength-coach-david-vandyke-ejected-iowa-big-ten-

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Link didn't work on my phone but will try it on the confuser later. I actually like Frannie altho he's not as easy for a Gopher fan to like as Todd Lickliter was... :rotflmao: Watched an interview someone did with McCaffery & it was pretty interesting. His family has has some major health issues to overcome. Philly guy, came across as pretty grounded, not just a bag of hot air or full of himself. Saw Bucky get beat by Sparty. One of those games where it would've been nice if they both could've lost.
« Last Edit: March 03/12/22, 04:17:46 PM by Dotch »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Watching hockey but whenever that Stoopid Rona commercial about not wanting her kids with the shot comes in I flipped the channel. Iowa got damn lucky!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well that sucks, gopher womens hockey team lost to UMD..at least 1minesota team will play in the womens frozen 4!!!!! :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 https://247sports.com/Article/Big-Ten-tournament-Rutgers-strength-coach-David-VanDyke-ejected-during-loss-to-Iowa-184253084/  I couldn't get the 1 from the DM Register to work either but this 1 looks like it will. Down 9 with 5:30 to go today but they go on a 22-10 run with J Bo throwin up a prayer with the clock runnin out that goes in.  :crazy: :happybounce: :cheerleader:
« Last Edit: March 03/13/22, 09:19:55 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Watching hockey but whenever that Stoopid Rona commercial about not wanting her kids with the shot comes in I flipped the channel. Iowa got damn lucky!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:
well that sucks, gopher womens hockey team lost to UMD..at least 1minesota team will play in the womens frozen 4!!!!! :happy1:
& they :happy1: didn't!! :sleazy: :tut:  :mooning: Better to be lucky than good anyway, good gets beat all the time but it's REALLY hard to beat lucky!!  :nerd: :evil:      :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 03/13/22, 08:09:05 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wonder what gunners up to?  :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
dreaming he could catch fish like me!!!🤭🤭 :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:applause:  :applause: : :super smiley: :super smiley: :happybounce: :happybounce: :party1: :party1: :rocker; :rocker;  :dancinred: :dancinred: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:                :sleazy: :nerd: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/14/22, 05:47:20 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
dreaming he could catch fish like me!!!🤭🤭 :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:scratch: :bs: :bonk: :banghead:  :doah:           :party3:                      :nerd: :toast: :whistling:
« Last Edit: March 03/13/22, 05:03:25 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I thought maybe he was courting the ladies of Inger or at least helping them find their dentures... :scratch:

From my post back on Jan. 17th: " IA should have something to say about what goes down in the Big 10. Their bench is deep enough and it looks wide open at this point. Any given night as they say."

I was downright prophetic, doncha think? More likely 3 or 4 G&T's deep when I wrote that...:rotflmao:

Congrats to the Hawkeyes! Great game and great result. I like this team. After watching them back in December when they were struggling to rebound & getting beat by IA St., I thought the Gophers might have a crack at them. Not so much. They brought guys off the bench today I don't remember seeing much of and they were instrumental in making it happen. Always good to see Purdon't biff it in a big game especially by a team that deserved to win today.  :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Gunner must not have any fingernails left... :bonk:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gunner must not have any fingernails left... :bonk:
think about now the way it looks he's probably crying in his beer, fireball, Irish whiskey and Jim beam. :doah: :doah:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
How Gophers looking in basketball? Decent seed or are they a NIT team again?

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: They didn't deserve to win. A lot of shots that were short from Iowa yday & I'm not sure if that was Richmond's tough, physical defense or a hangover from the BIG 10 tourney. :scratch: Don't matter, Hawks still had a chance at the end but..................... :bonk: :sad:                    :tut: But it was an Alaskan IPA & Evans Williams Apple yday, glenn!