Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: NFL or MLB  (Read 5173 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
thursday today.......what are you gonna watch NFL football........or MLB playoff game???????????

seems the baseball playoffs get way more tense and drama filled then the regular season.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Will likely flip between both unless A-Fraud is doing the game, then it's a no baseball night. Watching Houston now, hope they take out the White Sux.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Is that pitcher for chicago the same lance lynn that pitched for the Twins????? like the same one that couldnt get anyone out??????

and he's starting a playoff sries  game......................

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I won't be watching either. Packing up to head to the hunting land tomorrow.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Is that pitcher for chicago the same lance lynn that pitched for the Twins????? like the same one that couldnt get anyone out??????

Yes, one in the same. He was the leading Cy Young candidate for much of the year until falling off.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Neither.  No cable.  (They ain't on regular TV tonight, are they?)

But I'll take any baseball playoff game over a football game every time - especially when they have a good broadcast team explaining stuff to us.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:crazy: He just signed a nice fat contract extension this season too. Good through 2023 for $38 mil.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
thursday today.......what are you gonna watch NFL football........or MLB playoff game???????????

seems the baseball playoffs get way more tense and drama filled then the regular season.
:scratch: I'm NOT a very big fan of Aikman & Buck but I did check it out, usually on mute though. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: I'd much rather listen to Smoltz talk baseball, not real sure who his partner was last night though. :cool:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: I'm NOT a very big fan of [Joe] Buck ...

Joe strikes me as the kind of guy who spends a lot of time lookin' at himself in the mirror.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd much rather listen to Smoltz talk baseball... :cool:

Yes, Smoltz, and another guy I really liked to listen to is Jim Kaat.  (Gettin' up there now.  I don't know how many games he does or for which team/network.)

And from 1968...
« Last Edit: October 10/08/21, 08:35:14 AM by Steve-o »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :cool: He still does some games for FOX, usually on Saturday. He had a couple short stints with Bremer on BSNOR this year too. Yeah, I like him too, he doesn't pull many punches, & is still pretty sharp for 82!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i dont mind Buck.............. there are worse!!!!! :pouty:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
did anyone see that home run Crus hit for TB???? wonder how far that would of really went had it not hit that roof thing?????

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :doah: I didn't mind his Dad but he.............................just sounds too arrogant all the time for me.  :pouty: :thumbs: :puke: I much rather listen to this guy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booger_McFarland  :sleazy: :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
did anyone see that home run Crus hit for TB???? wonder how far that would of really went had it not hit that roof thing?????

I did. Prolly to the moon....

https://youtu.be/_Jg9iqC1dkY

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :doah: I didn't mind his Dad but he.............................just sounds too arrogant all the time for me.  :pouty: :thumbs: :puke: I much rather listen to this guy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booger_McFarland  :sleazy: :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll:
:pouty: Yea I bet you would. :banghead: he's probably the worst. :doofus: he must be from Iowa if you like him so much. :mooning: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :mooning: :scratch: What if he changed his name to glenn?  :rolleyes: :bonk: :doah: Bet you'd like him A LOT more then. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: :mooning: :scratch: What if he changed his name to glenn?  :rolleyes: :bonk: :doah: Bet you'd like him A LOT more then. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Now you've opened up the proverbial can of worms...wait for it...here it comes!!  :doah:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah so!! ;) :laugh: At least I know what's coming. :smoking:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.

I did, it was a shot for sure. Nice seeing the steal of home also. Thats how we eventually will get rid of a bunch of this over shifting.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Thanks for posting that up.  What a ball player.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I read something that said he was the 2nd oldest player to hit a home run in the playoffs.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Thanks for posting that up.  What a ball player.

Sure. I wouldn't want that guy to belt me one...Tampa Bay has lots of great players in sports. :evil:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.

:scratch: I'm NOT a very big fan of Aikman & Buck but I did check it out, usually on mute though. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: I'd much rather listen to Smoltz talk baseball, not real sure who his partner was last night though. :cool:

His partner is Joe Davis. He took over for Vin Scully with the Dodgers when Vin retired. Kid has a bright future in the booth.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, I checked him out with google, was just wondering why I hadn't heard of him before is all. Not a big Dodger's fan but I thought he did a good job last night. A lot of pressure following in Scully's footsteps. :crazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd much rather listen to Smoltz talk baseball... :cool:

Yes, Smoltz, and another guy I really liked to listen to is Jim Kaat.  (Gettin' up there now.  I don't know how many games he does or for which team/network.)

And from 1968...

:rolleyes:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/08/sport/jim-kaat-apology-slavery-remark-mlb-spt/index.html
« Last Edit: October 10/09/21, 04:17:32 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: ok now i'm pissed!!!!!!!! :angry2: :confused: :mad1:

i have dish......think it was friday night we got notice via channel 11 dish is no longer carrying 11.  so no sunday night football. SOB'es!!!! :doah: :mad1: :mad1:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Go to channel 4, Seal Team is on.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Go to channel 4, Seal Team is on.
:happy1: I'm there Dutchy!!👍

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:angry2: :angry2: :angry2: ok now i'm pissed!!!!!!!! :angry2: :confused: :mad1:

i have dish......think it was friday night we got notice via channel 11 dish is no longer carrying 11.  so no sunday night football. SOB'es!!!! :doah: :mad1: :mad1:
  :tut: :violin: :violin: :violin: :cry: :cry: :cry: Again? ....................Already? :pouty:  No wonder the wife can't wait :scratch: :doah: for you to leave town ASAP!! :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                            ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: