Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: A little warning  (Read 2265 times)

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Follow your trails in and out carefully.... Hazard buoys  have been pulled around Father Hennepin State Park and I assume elsewhere. Witnessed the ugly motor whine and abrupt stop as someone cut the corner too close.  They were able to limp in. 2nd boat just missed doing the same thing as he was heading right for it and did a crazy Ivan at the last second. Adding a couple extra feet to your shallow water highlights is a good idea after the buoys are pulled to keep you out of harms way.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup scary time of year G.T.,most fishing diehards are dialed in with electronic's this time of year BUT whether or not they pay attention to them is an issue.I found comparing lake master mapping data to be far more superior than navionic's when comparing safety markers at various minnesota lakes/mille lacs.

Curious G.T. I thought mille lacs was shut down for walleyes and such? still open for other species?

Quit fishing mille lacs since the dnr and tribes screwed it up for the tax paying license buying crowd.
« Last Edit: October 10/18/21, 08:14:43 AM by snow1 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I find that knowing your area and river spots well with a healthy dose of common sense prevents leaving a lower unit on the rocks.  :rolleyes:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
(ABC 6 NEWS) - The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources said the state saw its deadliest boating season in 16 years.

17 people lost their lives in boating-related drownings and crashes in 2021, which is the highest since 2005.

Of those 17, 16 were not wearing a life jacket.

Some unexpectedly fell into the water, some jumped and had trouble getting back into their boat.

The DNR is recommending everyone wear a life jacket when on the water, but it is especially important to wear one in the cold water seaso

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Geez, all I wanted to do is give a little heads up to those that do fish Mille Lacs. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Geez, all I wanted to do is give a little heads up to those that do fish Mille Lacs. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

and ya did GT!!  but you know how things can go side ways here!!!  just ask Glenn!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman

and ya did GT!!  but you know how things can go side ways here!!!  just ask Glenn!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Ya, G57 and I go way back, both getting booted off a different outdoors site.  LOL!!!  I had a different user name back then. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thoroughness is our middle name around here. Well, maybe not Glenn's.... :rotflmao:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Ya, G57 and I go way back, both getting booted off a different outdoors site.  LOL!!!  I had a different user name back then.
You weren't lookin' for :moon: resorts up nort', were ya?   ;) :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Still ~ 2' down here, few shallow rocks that I know of though. Seen reports of a couple deadheads this year. Been following my trail out of our bay since mid-July though as it was under 2 FOW back then. A good panfish area too so often there's enough traffic there that 1 needs to pay attention
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon