Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Great couple days hunting  (Read 3560 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yes it was early antlerless season, yes it was youth early gun season, yes I had a license to use a gun for does so what do we do.. We all including my 15 year old grandson went bow hunting. Turns out it was a great couple days being we all saw does and bucks and had opportunities to shoot deer with our bows.  For one reason or another I was the only one to let an arrow fly which did it's job on a doe this morning.  Here's a couple (well maybe more) photos from the past few days.

Thursday evening - Nice view of apple trees and food plots.

Flock of turkeys were fun to watch.

Had bow in hand but the "doe" turned out to be a spike.

Friday morning.  First time I ever sat in this stand in the morning. Saw 4 deer. I was watching a turkey
when the spike appeared in front of me at 30 yards. No idea where he came from.

Friday morning

Friday morning

Friday morning

Friday morning

Friday evening - only sit I did not see deer. It was so nice out I didn't mind a bit

Friday evening

Friday evening

Friday evening

Today - Saturday morning

Interesting trail camera sequence of the deer I shot this morning. It's a bit embarrassing because I didn't
see her until she was less than 20 feet from the tree I'm in. First she looked up at me.

Then put her head down. I had my bow in hand but no time to draw.

Then she popped up for another look and stomped. I decided to draw and see what happens. When I drew back
she turned and hopped about 25 yards away, stood there for a few minutes and then circled around me eventually
giving me a 30 yard shot.  Nothing like two chances. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Congratulations.  :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Had a great time hunting and enjoying the company.   Thanks for sharing your land and family.  I enjoy both equally.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline savage270

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Cool pics of the doe looking up at you.

I also had a great day hunting by taking my friends daughter out for youth season on my place and getting her first deer. I think she is hooked.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Cool pics of the doe looking up at you.

I also had a great day hunting by taking my friends daughter out for youth season on my place and getting her first deer. I think she is hooked.

Very Nice.   :happy1:
Just a tip for the viewer. When pictures are posted at an angle.  Click on them and they will show up right.    :smiley:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great pics!  Fun times..

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
dakids,
I was happy you could make it out last weekend. Sorry you had to leave early on Saturday before we got back from the morning hunt. You missed out on the weighing and BS'ing about the morning hunt.  Oh, I'm sure I will be telling you about the great hunt somewhere down the line. You just need to promise not to say "I heard that a hundred times".   :rotflmao:

savage270,
Looks like you did an excellent job of guiding and mentoring. Thanks from your fellow hunters.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***