Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Football or Baseball?  (Read 3196 times)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Vikings vs Cowboys

or

Braves vs Astro's game 5
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Well since I can't get channel 11, looks like baseball.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Anyone watching that Tampa Bay and New Orleans game?? First half looked like TB didn't want to win.

Close now.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yeppers.....Brady and da buc an ears done didnt want to win that one. handed it to the aints on a silver platter!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well.......the braves are off to a blazing start.........4-0 on a first inning grand slam. looks like an extwin could get a ring..ol Eddy Roserio!!!!!!

and i see the vikings scored aTD!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Vikings vs Cowboys

or

Braves vs Astro's game 5
:scratch: Both here, 'bout wore out the remote! :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
an ex twin gets a world series ring......Eddie Rosario plays for the braves. :happy1: :happy1: guess he played a big role in the Braves success!!!!!!!!

Mrwin Gonzalas plays for houston....but he didnt!!!!!!!! :embarrassed:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Adrianza is a Brave too, he had a couple key pinch hits during the playoffs. :happy1: :cool:  Their infield was so good all year so that was his role for most of this season there too.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, I was rooting for the Braves because of Eddie, who the Twins didn't want to pay.  I guess the Twins didn't need him, but he sure paid off for the Braves.

I usually still like rooting against the "hated" Braves because of the 91 World Series, but it was so much easier to root against the "cheating" Astros.

Generally I don't get too worked up over sign stealing.  If there is a guy on second tying to tip pitches to the batter, that is part of the game.  Use different signs.  Or if you are trying to guess the signs from the 3rd base coach - knock yourself out.  There's no crying in baseball.

But what the Astros did with cameras, radios, and coded signals - for so long unabated...  I wish they would have nailed the players instead of giving them immunity, but perhaps that was best for the game.  So as long as the Astros have players from that 2017 cheating squad, I hope the losing losers lose.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, I was rooting for the Braves because of Eddie, who the Twins didn't want to pay.  I guess the Twins didn't need him, but he sure paid off for the Braves.

I usually still like rooting against the "hated" Braves because of the 91 World Series, but it was so much easier to root against the "cheating" Astros.

Generally I don't get too worked up over sign stealing.  If there is a guy on second tying to tip pitches to the batter, that is part of the game.  Use different signs.  Or if you are trying to guess the signs from the 3rd base coach - knock yourself out.  There's no crying in baseball.

But what the Astros did with cameras, radios, and coded signals - for so long unabated...  I wish they would have nailed the players instead of giving them immunity, but perhaps that was best for the game.  So as long as the Astros have players from that 2017 cheating squad, I hope the losing losers lose.
the announcers talked about that a little last night........seems that there opinion was its all in the past. they gave credit to there manager. dusty baker for a clean slate.

yea they still have some of the players from the scandel........time to move forward......unlike the Twins they keep a contending team on the field most years.

it also soiunded like the braves could lose a few key players to free agency!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
And being a Minnesota sports fan defeatist, as I am...

You look at the Twins and Vikings and see that both team are so far away from being serious contenders.

Maybe Reb is onto something rootin' for those Tampa Bay teams.  :bonk:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So I hear Erin Rogders has the Rona and won't play against the chiefs this Sunday. :shocked: at least that's what my buddy :rolleyes:  on IDO posted. :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Isn't he vaccinated too?
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So I hear Erin Rogders has the Rona and won't play against the chiefs this Sunday. :shocked: at least that's what my buddy :rolleyes:  on IDO posted. :rotflmao:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Rodgers is UNvaccinated!

Hey, remember all the crap Kapt. Kirk had to endure for not being vaccinated?  How come ARog didn't get any guff.

And weren't there supposed to be all sorts of punitive measures dictated by the league to make life difficult for unvaccinated players.

You don't hear much about how that is going either.  Maybe teams are simply ignoring those rules that aren't being enforced.  The league takes a strong, pro-vax stance and the teams do what they want to get ready for the next game.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
different state... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It's well chronicled that the BoSox were in on the cheating scandal too as their mgr got suspended for a year but I've read several articles that the league has solid evidence that there were at least 5 or 6 other teams doing something very similar.  :tut:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I guess that explains why they wanted to take care of the cheating scandal as soon as possible and give the players immunity so they wouldn't rat each other out and blow the lid off everything.