Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: There are some good guys still out there  (Read 2793 times)

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Opi Thao is with Khatt Rattanasack and David Vue.
October 31 at 11:14 AM  ·
As we pulled up to the boat launch Friday evening, there was an older gentleman sitting in the chilly 47 degree water knee deep. By the looks of it, he was exhausted and very cold. He shared he fell in the water and had been sitting there for the past 10 min and couldn’t get up. The winds were blowing 15mph and his boat got away from him while trying to launch.
We helped the gentlemen out of the water and asked if the keys were in the boat? He stated yes so we went ahead and retrieved the boat and loaded it back onto the trailer for him. He graciously thanked us and went on his way.
Lord knows what would have happened if we weren’t there to help. Im thankful he was able to drive away on his own with no issues.
Note: We caught only 1 fish this evening and it was 12”. The good Lord brought us there for other reasons. 🙏🙏🙏

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Good for the guys that helped him. :happy1:

But damn I couldn't imagine not even thinking of helping someone out that needed it  :confused: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
The good Lord brought us there for other reasons. 🙏🙏🙏

Yep, this time of year there may not be anyone by a boat launch for days.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: November 11/02/21, 06:12:45 PM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for the guys that helped him. :happy1:

But damn I couldn't imagine not even thinking of helping someone out that needed it  :confused: :scratch:
I am sure if it was any of the gang on this site, they would have done the same thing.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I know I'd do what I could!! 
« Last Edit: November 11/02/21, 06:46:25 PM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman