Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Daughter scored  (Read 2190 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Daughter arrived around 3 on friday. With a south wind which is bad for almost all of our stands she wanted to sit in the top floor of the cabin.  Only problem is most shots will be over 250 yards.  We set up a small table by the window and put a sand bag for a rest.  We had a couple does enter the food plot 300 yards away.  She said it was to far for her.  She tried to get me to shoot.  I told her it's all about her and we would wait and see what happened in the next 45 minutes of light.  30 minutes later she sees a deer walking towards the does through the woods.  She gets super excited and says it's a buck it's a buck.  Basket 6 pointer. He's out 225 yards and walking slowly.  She gets the crosshairs on him and squeezes the trigger.  Buck runs over the hill and out of sight.  We wait 30 minutes and grab the flashlights.  We only find 1 drop of blood over the hill where he stopped.  We followed his tracks for 400 yards and he was walking and found no more blood.
     She liked the warm cabin so much she decided a second attempt from the same spot.  10 minutes to the end of shooting she spots a deer in almost the same spot as the night before but this time it was walking straight  at her.  Shes talking to the deer like it was listening to her.  Turn, turn,  I only have 5 minutes of shooting.  Turn.  It listened and quartered enough. She put the crosshairs in front of the nearest shoulder and shot.  Deer spins around, stumbles and makes it over the hill.  We wait 30 minutes and head out.  I was pretty sure the deer was hit hard.  I let her take the lead and let her find the blood track.  By the blood I knew it was dead.  It was bright red and spraying. 40 yards later she had her deer.  She screamed,  it's a buck.  She had thought it was a doe.   It's her 1st  buck ever and only her 2nd deer.  Her 1st deer was 7 years ago and on her 1st day ever hunting.  It's been a dry spell for sure.  I'm a proud dad.  She made a perfect shot.  Bullet entered in front of the near shoulder and exited the far side 2 inches in front of the diaphragm.
« Last Edit: November 11/21/21, 01:00:30 PM by dakids »
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
congrats to her!!!    :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
good for her dakids!!!!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nice going there. I'll bet there's a proud papa around the camp.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That's awesome. Congrats to her!!
Hey look your bobber is up!