Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Only one remedy for this  (Read 3081 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Kill'em All. At least all the bucks.
My wife and I went to put bud caps on some of the smaller pines only to discover the big one have the real problem.
I may have to get the DNR involved to collect crop losses.  I better not catch any deer in the act of destroying my trees.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Deer are destructive that's for sure. But that's what happen when we plant them in there house.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
jerkbait,
You are absolutely right. I guess I shouldn't complain when I get the desired results. I plant plots and trees for the animal's benefit and then they go and take advantage of it.   :rotflmao:

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
jerkbait,
You are absolutely right. I guess I shouldn't complain when I get the desired results. I plant plots and trees for the animal's benefit and then they go and take advantage of it.   :rotflmao:
THIS!  It's call collateral damage for the greater good. 😉
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
jerkbait,
It is crazy how many trees they have taken out in our yard. We have learned the hard way when planting new trees to try and protect them.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i'd be curious to see how many of them trees survive!!!!!! we only have big old trees in the cabin yard so deer dont mess with them, just the beavers.

the deer once took out nearly every hosta mom had planted around the cabin and that only happened once???
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
In my neck of the woods the deer are overpopulated. They are worse than rabbits for the damage they do.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Same here roony. Along with knocking down the electric fence in 4 or 5 places, saw yesterday deer were after the hazelnut bushes already and took the tips off some of the dogwood. Must like the buds on the tips. They usually wreck at least one arborvitae a year in the EQIP planting along with assorted other trees in the CREP. That's OK, don't want trees in that anyway but they're stepping on their unit ruining arbs in the EQIP area. They use that corridor to hopscotch over to the neighbor's CRP. Dummies!  🙄
« Last Edit: November 11/24/21, 12:02:58 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
glenn57,
My guess is none of the ones pictured will survive. They are totally trashed.