Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ice stiil not safe~  (Read 1968 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
One would think after all of our cold weather we wouldn't have ice thickness issues...

Truck falls through the ice on Lake Pepin...but then again  I wouldn't be driving on any body of water with current even remotely slight current like lake pepin in my truck.Glad these folks made it out unscathed,the pic looks like they're truck got hung up from going down on the rear axel/bumper...none the less shete your pants scary.Sunday news.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yupper, when we were 10 or 11, my buddy & I fell thru the ice at his grandpa's place on Deer Creek. Only up to our waist but learned at a young age about moving water. Discovered a little known fact tho that creek chubs will bite on bacon! Probably bite on almost anything that time of the year for all we knew.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: February 02/21/22, 10:34:02 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed Dotch,buddy lives in northfield,has a little stream in his back yard,feeds into the  the cannon river in town,stream has nice sized brookies and redtailed chubs,we trapped the chubs for mid summer walleye tournaments on lakes infested with perch like winni and cass so  using crawler/leech harnesses are out.. One day checking our minnow trap we kicked a field mouse in to the open trap,those chubs were like piranhas they tore that mouse to pieces in no time,nothing left ,little hair floating bout all.