Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2022 bear applications  (Read 2747 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
just got an email......time to think about applying for a bear permit!!!!!!! i'll be applying for area 27 again..usually takes 4-5 years.......this will be year 3, so...........

recieved a postcard earlier this week from the DNR regarding the leech lake reservation bounderies. went to the DNR compass to check the boundries... are bait stations should be close but out of the reservation!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

2 hunts ago we had to do some changes since they did the bear zones more supposedly consistent with the anterless permits......

oh and boar..........SHUT UP!!!!!! :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/08/22, 11:50:29 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
2 hunts ago we had to do some changes since they did the bear zones more supposedly consistent with the anterless permits......

I can't wait until the Wolf Management Zones align with the Antlerless Deer Zones.  :angel:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
 :rotflmao:...no..yur odds are better in a zoo, and the odd are still low :rotflmao:
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the reminder Glenn. I had completely forgot about it.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'm in an area that is not a "no-quota" area but unlimited licenses are available over the counter.  I may only put out one bait station this year. Last year between two of us we had 4 bait stations and it was always an issue of where to hunt. I know it's a good problem to have but a bit frustration to see pictures of the bears having fun at one station while we are watching the leaves turn color at another. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Rigjt dead eye, to many buffete's give them to many choices. I have 2 now days, use to have 5, my bait route between them was over 60 miles round trip. I prefere no less than 4 to 5 miles between sites just based on the population of bear. Bear can easily visit between that distence bit odds are ill pick up different bear too. 1 parcel of land 1 site. Is all one needs
78.50"

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Double edged sword, right?  If you only have one station, and its getting hit regular by a sow and cubs, what are the chances of a boar coming in?

I s'pose if you saw that on the cameras, you could always open up a second pit.  How long does it take usually before bears find and start to use a new bait station?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Double edged sword, right?  If you only have one station, and its getting hit regular by a sow and cubs, what are the chances of a boar coming in?

I s'pose if you saw that on the cameras, you could always open up a second pit.  How long does it take usually before bears find and start to use a new bait station?
sometimes it takes a while....and i've had baits hit the next day after establishing it!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

sometimes it takes a while....and i've had baits hit the next day after establishing it!!!
G'luck, guys...

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
When u have sows and cubs u shut it dow so the y move on or wait it out, a dominate boar will turn the nocturnal
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
heard permits where out, so i looked.......Yogi is safe this year. 3 preference points..........just maybe next year..for sure the year after!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Boar, I haven't looked into it but maybe you or someone else has. Question is in your situation would your preference points get reset to "0" if you purchased a license in a no or unlimited quota area?
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
DE. No your points continue to grow if you buy a no-quota license.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Nope i hunt nonquota primarily and buy a preference point every year. Inthink i have 7 or 8 now. Just waiting...
78.50"