Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Paddle fishing~  (Read 1508 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Anyone here give it a whirl? Sounds like a slow start with water temps in the 30's still,but the die hards are hard at it,more of a drunk fest as of late,some of the best smoked fish I ever had was smoked paddle fish steaks.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Well, now you've made me want to check out some videos. Never tried it before but it sounds interesting.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah T.T. never wetted a line but was on many outting's as support crew,those dinasaur fish are huge,many over 100lbs. Also called "spoonbill cats"

« Last Edit: May 05/03/22, 08:06:00 AM by snow1 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
A friend of my Dad's used to fish for them in the Mighty Mo.  When he got one we would go check it out in his basement.  Pretty impressive fish. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I suspect one day these strange looking fish will need protection as so many are caught on these spawning runs,infact many fish canning companies setup shop  in parking lot's near the river willing to process caught fish for anglers just so they can harvest the row to sell,big$$ for they're caviar.