Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Got them planted  (Read 2273 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Spent the day disking and planting. We got all 7 plots planted today. We had about a quarter inch of rain on Saturday, so the ground was perfect for my little 4-foot disk and broadcasting seeds. Now I hope it rains every few days for a while to get things going.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
The deer are pounding our sunflowers every night.  Heading north this weekend to see how much of the plots will need to be replanted with rye and brassica.  Hopefully you get enough rain.  Do you have any pictures?
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
dakids,
I had my phone but while sitting on the porch with Ralph, I just thought that if I needed a picture, I could just use one from any of the past 5 years.  :rotflmao:
Just for you, I planted special deer attractant plants near the stand you killed a deer out of a couple years ago. For reference this plot is just under an acre. It has tree islands to block your views, so deer feel safe, along with points and bays for watching deer and of course shooting one now and then.   

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
They always advise not to sit a plot unless the wind is right.  With a setup like that, you can always find an angle where the wind works to your favor.  Very nice.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Here's some pictures from last year. I assume it will look a bit better this year. Actually it filled in quite nicely after these pictures were taken.  Last time I hunted this plot I was with my grandson back in 2019. (see his smiling picture)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Last year when I sat on that plot I had 15 plus does and fawns come running into the plot.   With all those eyes within 30 yards I had zero chance to lift my bow and draw.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
over the 4th of july weekend i got my red and white clover planted around our big shed at the cabin. it started to come up when i was up there this last time.

i hope it fills in better. i know patience !!!!!!! :scratch: :confused: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Couple more pictures of the plot. It should look like this in a month. My grandson and I watched the deer
cross the plot but she keep looking at us so he never raised his gun. The back story is I was trying to get a
selfie with both of us in the stand and when I put the phone down the deer was standing there watching us. :rotflmao:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
While working at the land yesterday I checked on the food plots. They are all looking great. They are way better than this time last year. The two .30" rains we got on Saturday and Sunday will go a long way to keep them growing. I didn't take any pictures but probably will tomorrow when I go again to clear some trails.
 :azn: