Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Sweet corn  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
What are people paying this summer for sweet corn? I stopped at Pike’s in Park Rapids and they wanted $13.00 a dozen. That’s ridiculous. Last year it was $10.00 and I thought that was high. I got an email from Thielen’s in Little Falls that has Janson’s sweet corn that has always been great! $7.99 a dozen. The wife is going to pick up a couple dozen tomorrow. I’ll grow my own before I pay $13.00.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
$4 to $5 so far..
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
$4 to $5 so far..
Mike, I’m talking about a dozen not per ear.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
https://delishably.com/news/hack-getting-corn-off-cob

just seen this!! 

and me too Coopman!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Price has varied from free to $7/dozen. Pioneer dealer was just dumping it off at the office so that was handy. Bought some from the nice young lady on the corner of 13 & 30 when we had company. Good friends with her dad and it's going towards her college fund. He has to pick it however. How does that work I asked him?  :huh: My patch is about a week away from being ready. My 2nd planting prolly ready 2 weeks after that. Another guy told me to help myself to his large patch. Said they'll never eat it all anyway. It's also a staggered planting so should be plenty well into Sept. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
I’ll definitely be tilling up a corn plot this fall for spring. When I live in Corcoran on ten acres I had a nice sweet corn patch. Maybe I can grow some pumpkins and sell them for $40.00 ea.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
the friend i get my swet corn from i usually get it for free..........but i share my asparagus with him.........i also gift him smoked and pickled fish.

this year i'm going to get some from my granddaughters fiances cousin who i guess grows more then he ever uses. not sure what if there is a fee yet, but its the peaches and cream sweet corn!!!!!!! :hubba: :hubba:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
.75 and ear here at the produce market in Glyndon. Grown here.

Looks like I finally stopped the deer from eating mine. They ate the whole first batch except for a few small ears I ate yesterday. Next batch looks to be ready mid next week.

:king: :king:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.