Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: No bears but other visitors  (Read 1462 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
A couple black blobs came down the trail. Obviously too small for a bear but pretty nice for turkeys.
I think the lead turkey saw my wheeler which was parked below the tree stand. He wasn't sure what to do
so he flew past me and went up to a tree to roost. The second one soon followed. I did get a picture of
him as he flew by. It was quite a sight. The two were still roosted there the next morning. Well worth the
price of admission. Wind almost blew me out of the tree on Sunday afternoon.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Turkeys are cool to watch.  Hopefully a bear shows up soon.  Maybe you need to take a walk to a deerstand and wait for a bear to follow you.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Reminds me of the time I setup to call yotes a few weeks after deer season with a caller.  All that came in was a big Tom!  :doah:  :doofus:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Were you using a turkey call?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember the first time I saw turkeys picking thru the underbrush, way in the distance when bow hunting.

Took me a long time to figure out what they were cause I wasn't expecting them that far north at the time.