Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: hunting boots  (Read 1138 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
how many of you guys have these hunting boots that are insulated and go up past your calves, or just below the knees????? :scratch:

i keep seeing them and thinking of maybe getting a pair but cant quite pull the trigger because i'm not sure i'd use them much or spending that kind of cash on them. i've done fine all these years without them, but yet alot of guys i know have them????

just curious.....might be something i put on my list for Santa!!!! :rolleyes:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have some Muck boots like that.  Love them.  Very comfortable to walk in for a boot like that.  Pretty warm too.  $150  bought them here at Ronnings a few years ago.  Poked a hole in one and just filled the hole with Boot Goo.  Has lasted great!  My boots are about 12 years old now that I think about it. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I got some Lacrosse Alphas years ago and I like 'em.  I like they slip on/off.  I liked the idea of rubber bottoms for walking in and out of the deer woods.  I read some where that rubber boots don't carry as much scent as leather boots.

They also have Neoprene tops.  I like being able to walk thru shallow swampy stuff, but mine got the point where if I walk too deep for too long, the water will seep in.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here Steve.  If I am in water too deep it seeps in one of the seams too.  Took 10 years for that to happen though.

Online dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Had a pair that finally wore out while deer hunting last fall.  I didn't miss them to much while deer hunt.  I missed them way more while ice fishing.   My feet never got wet or cold on the ice.  I will be getting another pair before fall.  I could drill as many holes as I wanted and never get wet feet. 
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Not a fan of neoprene boots like Muck for keeping warm (love them any other time thou). My feet sweat like a pig in those things then get cold fast. I moved to Baffins some time ago and will never go back. Up front cost might hurt but you can simply replace liners after that.
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a cabelas pair and love them. I am actually on my 2nd pair. That would be my only complaint about them is they only last 3 years. But I wore them non stop from fall to spring.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
No more duct tape on  boots! :happy1: :rotflmao:  oh I ain't throwing the old ones out just yet though.  :sleazy:

Seem these at FF the other day. Was priced at 210.00. An instore coupon for 30% off dropped the total price 146.00  :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice looking boot.  I wear my Mucks most of the time but if I am going to be outside for hours and it is cold I wear my pack boots.

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I have both the Alpha Burly and a pair of Baffins. The baffins are super warm, but lost the water proof a while back. Mostly just run the Burly's unless its going to be very cold.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
These are LaCrosse.