Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: meat slicers  (Read 1012 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
while cutting up the corned beef for ruebens my meat slicer  bit the dust. luckily i was almost done. took it apart and exactly what i figured.  the plastic gear is wore to the point it wont do nuttin.  :pouty: so now i'm in the market for a new one.

looked at Runnings site. they have an LEM 8 1/2 inch slicer for a $120.00.  thinkin i'll be going there in the near future! dont use it all the often but sure is a nice toy to have!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
what about replacing the gear???   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here Glenn.  I would like to have one just haven't made the move. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
what about replacing the gear???
to late......in the garbage!!!!!! i took it apart enough to see the damage and i really dont wanna go there!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That 8 1/2" one that is $219 looks pretty nice too.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here Glenn.  I would like to have one just haven't made the move.
yea at first i hesitated buying it. it was probably the cheapest one Cabelas had at the time. occasionally i used it when i wanted to slice summer sausage evenly and kinds fancy for snack trays along with sliced cheese. then i got into making jerky and having the pieces all cut evenly made a world of difference.

same with that corned beef.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That 8 1/2" one that is $219 looks pretty nice too.
not sure the cost increase justifies what i'd use it for???? iffin it was built better.....maybe????? :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Works wunnerful!; Has a regular on/off switch and a dial the locks in place for the thickness. :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Glenn.  Maybe I need to finally get one.  I will run it past the wife when the time is right.  LOL

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Glenn.  Maybe I need to finally get one.  I will run it past the wife when the time is right.  LOL
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:didnt you always say its better to ask for forgiveness then permission!!!!!! :rolleyes: :evil: :happy1: :rotflmao: