Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: battery packs  (Read 978 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so, a recent issue with my daughter has me thinking of getting a battery pack for jump starting a vehicle........and to maybe throw in the boat.

anyone got one??? what price range would you go and what is a good one. i dont want one with a air pump on it!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
I have a JNC that I got from NAPA, it was $400, the kind tow trucks carry. It can jump start a semi. Definitely can get one for around 100$ from any automotive store. The JNC brand or JUMP N CARRY are well made

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman

I carry this one in my boat and have even used it a couple times.  Cheap insurance.   

[urlhttps://www.amazon.com/AVAPOW-Battery-Starter-Powerful-Booster/dp/B08NPGCFSG][/url]

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: Yea no need to jump start a semi!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I got a small one for about 100 bucks
 It has worked well for me.

Online Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Noco Genius! I'll need to check the model I have but it's for larger engines...their website is pretty good on what size you need.

I was caught with my pants down in the back woods of MO one fall while archery hunting whitetail. Left the lights on and was dead as could be. Not a place you want to find a local to help jump start your vehicle....

After that trip, I immediately bought one of these. Sad to say, I had to use it multiple times. That trip must have killed my battery.  I'll never leave without it, short or long trips. In todays world, a lot of people don't offer assistance anymore.

One thing to remember, they can lose their charge quickly in winter months. Sub-zero temps do these things no good, which kinda sucks as that's when they are needed the most. Try and use in quarterly to work the battery and recharge.
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here.  I carry mine with whenever we go for a weekend or with the camper.  Mine is about a $140 Schumacher one I think.  I use it often here around the place.  Necessity!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I see Cabelas has the noco brand, good way to use my points!!!   says on sale for $199.99...   is that a decent price???
« Last Edit: March 03/29/23, 11:19:56 AM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I took a peak...that's a pretty big model. the GB40 will handle most 1/2 tons or less. $100 seems to be the normal. the GB20 would be good for most cars. 

EDIT: but yeah, $200 for that model is about normal.
« Last Edit: March 03/29/23, 11:52:46 AM by Pulleye16 »
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks!!!

they have the 40 for 99.99
« Last Edit: March 03/29/23, 11:56:48 AM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
You know...  I haven't thought much about getting one for every vehicle, but it makes sense.  They'll make good Christmas presents this year.   :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We have 2 of these, the old 1 still works but just doesn't hold a charge as long as it use to, so it stays at the lake. The new 1 stays in the car when we're traveling. We wouldn't be without 1, either, as like LPS says, they get used often. The old 1 came from LPS's favorite store ;) & the other was bought online from your favorite store, glenn. :smiley: Both were bought as a Xmas gifts & both were < $100 then. https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/1267377-stanley-1000-peak-amp-battery-jump-starter.html?blaintm_source=bing&blaintm_medium=pla&msclkid=b461714f1fe21748168c156b71ab0f53
« Last Edit: March 03/29/23, 12:22:59 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I have the same brand as Scenic. It says it will jump start a semi. Works great. Works great on the old 720 JD down at deer camp.
Hey look your bobber is up!