Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FISHING REPORT LAKES OAHE/SHARPE PIERRE AREA JUNE 1ST TO 10TH 2023  (Read 677 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
The fishing all up and down both Oahe and Sharpe is as good as it gets. A great year going on and most fishermen are coming in with limits of walleye, smallmouth some northern and plenty of catfish. I just got done fishing the Darin Davis group of repeat customers one of my favorites and we got full possession limits of walleyes smallmouth bass and lots of catfish so these guys went home with lots to eat along with cooking fish every night they were here. Mike Kulm helped me with this group and everyone had a great time. The weather cooperated but we did get some hot days. The fish on Oahe are very shallow as the water is rising daily. One of the keys is to pitch jigs/plastic into the flooding clover but we caught them other ways specifically bouncer crawler/ bounce minnow rigs very shallow .We fished Oahe every day and now I started guiding Dan Skirvin from Ida Grove Ia. And his son today and we had full limits nice walleye before noon beating some rain coming in. Again we caught these fish either pitching jigs or very shallow crawler bouncer propeller blades. Five fow or less worked best. Both lakes seem to be full of nice healthy fish this year so I anticipate another great year. For sure lots of water and sun screen along with bugs spray are good to have in your boat. One thing I have noticed in the past few years is an increase in the overall usage of the lakes in the Pierre area and all ups and down the river so be prepared for busy resorts, busy boat ramps and cleaning stations when you come this way. Fortunately we have a lot of water full of fish so for the most part once you are on the lakes you can find plenty of places to fish both with boats or without boats. I would like to thank both my new customers and my repeat  customers for your business and the great times we are having.

HUTCH’S GUIDE SERVICE

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch