Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Trails are all cleared and mowed  (Read 1171 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Like most years, clearing trails of deadfalls and over hanging brush is a lot of work but necessary. This year we didn't have too many deadfalls or uprooted trees but due to the heavy spring snow storms there were a lot of small trees and brush bent over the trails that needed to be cut. Mowing with the brush mowers went pretty well this year and as of last Saturday all 8.75 miles of trails have been cleared and mowed. Saturday evening I rested and watched the deer trying to find something in what appears to be a failed food plot. I was treated to a wonderful Sunday morning view as the sun came up over the trees.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Looks like the deer likethe new baby turnips.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Smokey Hills Bandit

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
DeadEye - Any production on your apple trees this year? Looks like a couple branches might be drooping with some apple weight.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Smokey HB, Yes, a lot of apples this year. In addition to the apple trees I planted, there's an abundance of acorns, plums, and berries. Bodes well for all types of wildlife. Some white oaks are dropping now but the red oak acorns are holding tight. My guess is deer will be holding tight near the mast crop and not venturing out into the fields for a while.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Smokey Hills Bandit

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Happy to hear you're getting a lot of production. Had a lot of acorns falling last weekend as I walked the woods.