Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FISHING REPORT LAKES OAHE/SHARPE PIERRE AREA AUGUST 15TH TO 21 2023  (Read 666 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
Hot weather is the norm so be prepared to get early morning  starts to try  to get off the water before the afternoon heat. I just finished helping Dave Spaid guide the thunder basin ford group along with a lot of other guides. Ramrodded by Vic Jr this is one of all of us guides favorite groups. They have been coming from Gillette or many years. We fished the river around Pierre with very good results with limits of walleye for everyone. Most of the fish were caught on crawler/spinner bouncer rigs in around 5 fow to 7fow. There are less weed around this year so the bite is a little earlier than normal . A lot of  these fish were in the 14 inch range and right now there is no size limit so limits are easier. I do think when the size limit of 15 inches returns September 1st catching limits will be more challenging on Sharpe. Oahe continues to put out fish but requires more hunting so is a harder lake to fish. Fish are deeper with 25 to 35 fow a good starting point. Bringing minnows along is a good idea. Jigging raps are also a good bait if you know how to use them. As always as the fall comes and water temps drop Oahe will be much easier to fish. Colder water tends to bring the fish shallower . I would once again like to thank all my great repeat customers . We have had a lot of great catches and a lot of great times . This time of the year lots of water is essential to prevent serious problems with heat stroke so keep that in mind.

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch