Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Started getting stands ready.  (Read 903 times)

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Last Saturday my son, grandson and daughter in law helped get some stands ready. It was nice to have them spend the day working in the woods. My grandson was a great help. He doesn't get tired fast so he did most of the climbing and nailing. I mostly directed the work crew.  :azn:

I told my grandson he will have to haul me around when
I get too old to walk. He thinks that would be fun.

Didn't take grandson long to find the best cell reception.

Installing ladder stand "extensions".
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
How tall is your grandson?  Young kids are awesome. 

Love those ladder extensions.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My grandson passed me up a year or two ago. Or, maybe I'm shrinking.  :azn:  Yes, it's nice to have him do some of the climbing and nailing. He has no issues going high in a tree. He did spend more time up in "his" stand while getting it ready. :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I like your shed DE, on old shipping container!! Seals up tight. If your grandson is anything like my kid ya still gotta watch their work,  good otta the gate but they like to overlook things. Looks fun!!

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Two more days (last Wednesday and Thursday) of working on stands are in the books. We now have around 40 stands that are ready to for this years bow and rifles seasons. Every year each stand gets a go over checking stability, straps, camo, etc. We also sit in the stand and point out which trees, brush or branches need to cut for visibility. When it cools down we plant to do the remaining 20 or so. So far the stands haven't required too much work as we have slowly been modifying or abandoning stands that required excessive labor every year.  :azn: