Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FISHING REPORT PIERRE AREA LAKES OAHE/SHARPE FOR LAST OF AUGUST TO SEPTEMBER 4  (Read 657 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
Lots of boats around for the labor day weekend . Busy ramps and busy community spots.  I think most boats did well as the bite on both lakes remains good.   Weather is still hot but fall is around he corner so cooler days should be coming . I have been  guiding both repeat customers and new ones on both Oahe and Sharpe and except for the last trip trip to Sharpe full limits for everybody and full possession limits to take home. The problem on Sharpe isn't catching walleye now it is getting enough over the 15 inch slot limit to go home with limits. I think for the most part you should be able to do that if the corps runs the rightt amount of current around Pierre You can hit days were you catch 25 fish or more and only keep maybe 6 or 8 though. Fish on Sharpe are still shallow in around  5 fow to 7 fow.  I am going to spend more time on Oahe now as the 15 inch limit doesn't come into play and the  bite is okay. Some of the walleye are starting to be caught in 18 to 30 fow so that makes finding /catching them easier. There are still lots of fish down deeper on Oahe but as the water cools expect finding them shallow more often. The bait  I have been using is still crawler spinner bouncer on both lakes but going out with minnows a board is not a bad idea. I brought them a long on the last two trips  but crawlers were putting most of the fish in the boat. Smallmouth are scattered all over the lake from chasing bait on the surface down to suspended  bait deep so that bite is tougher. I am not sure about the salmon bite but think it is still spotty. As usual the bite is going to keep getting even better as cooler nights bring the water temps down .We should have a great fall bite as both lakes have both great bait and fish populations. Thank you once again to all both my repeat customer and my new ones. Just great times.

HUTCH'S GUIDE SERVICE

Hutch

« Last Edit: September 09/06/23, 05:23:23 PM by HD »
Good fishing Hutch