Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Best Ice fishing Suit  (Read 1443 times)

Offline FishThumper

• Outdoorsman
Its been awhile since I last looked at ice suits. A buddy of mine is in need of a new suit this season and asked which ones were the Best. The last time I bought some, I got the striker Hardwater series and I really like those. Prior to that I had the original frabil snosuit and also really like that, Although they were really bulky. The last time I purchased I looked at the entire striker line and thought the Climate were just way to warm and bulky so I stepped down to the Hardwater. Not sure about clam or the new wind river brand. Just curious what all of you own. Lets hear the good and bad.
"The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't."

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Can't help ya thumper. Insulated pants and Carhartt jacket is what I use
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Iowaboy1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
After reading good reviews from people I trust I bought the windrider brand, To be honest I havent worn them in the cold yet as I got them late last season but I am impressed with the way they are constructed, even stitching, zippers look to be good quality and pockets are plenty roomy.
These are supposed to float me as well, I hope I never have to find out !!
« Last Edit: November 11/08/23, 06:23:31 PM by Iowaboy1 »

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Carharts and a hoodie
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I like my Striker Hardwater bibs and the Climate jacket. I use the jacket without the zip in liner. Not as bulky and still plenty warm.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Carharts and a hoodie
you need that for your living room couch?
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
I like to Clam outerwear.  This year I picked up a new Float Rise jacket and bibs.   Warmth with a backup float system can't be bad.   

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Wifes looking at a clam suit for xmas. Prob. 300??
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have an older Clam suit that I like a lot but kind of small for me now.  I see a lot of guys on TV with the Blackfish or something like that.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Blackfish makes some good gear.  I have their rain gear, which is great,  but have not tried their parka or heavy bibs.