Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: A day to remember views from a couple stands I used yesterday.  (Read 427 times)

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Here are some pictures I took yesterday morning. It was a great way to end my 2023 deer season. It took a while but I was able to get some pictures without deer in them.  :rotflmao:.  Actually from 7:30 until noon, I could almost always see at least one deer which is why I didn't take pictures of the deer, especially when they were close and checking me out. Note, I did not shoot the buck from either of these stands which makes the day even more special.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
You are blessed.  Hunting in the big, public, north woods I can honestly say that i have NEVER had a sit where i was almost always seeing a deer.

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Steve-o, yes, I know full well that I am lucky and blessed to have this property. Typically, in a stand we will see deer simply pass by or in some cases browse by and in the fun times run by trying to elude the amorous attention of a buck. However, for some reason around early December they seem to group up and hang around this location. Bucks typically show up to check out the does. You could see the same deer or group of them several times over the course of a morning hunt. Because I want a SE wind to hunt there, yesterday was only the second time this year I hunted there. The first picture is looking north and 6 deer passed by about 40 yards out into the grass. For some reason they like to take a shortcut across this grassy area. Not an issue if you are rifle hunting. Yesterday the wind was blowing towards the open area but the deer never showed alarm by my scent.     
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***