Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: If yu had 1 day to hunt..  (Read 1172 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Sat. Or sunday and why?
« Last Edit: December 12/08/23, 12:45:13 PM by Boar »
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :confused: :crazy: why should it matter to you. You hunt out of a heated tree house  with an orthopedic  recliner  :crazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Saturday.  My huntin' and fishin' buddies and I always feel a greater sense if satisfaction if we have to suffer more for our success (or lack thereof).

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Depends on what wind direction gives me the better chance for the stand I'm hunting out of

Online Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Sunday! I hate windy hunts. I can take cold, hot, light rain, snow…but hard blowing wind? Nope. Plus, fresh snow if you spot and stalk.
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I think Pulleye hit it on the nose. If the weather is like predicted for Sunday, a still hunt into the wind would be the order for the day.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I guess this all 'splains why i dont get no big bucks.   :rotflmao: :bonk:

Online tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      I'm retired. I would probably go on Thursday. Or Tuesday. Monday, maybe.
      I would prefer a cooler day just to give the meat a better chance to stay good. Favorable winds are important.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
For me Saturday because that wind direction is best for the stand I would be in. And I don't have to worry about getting up for work the next day.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Ok thanks for the responses, i shoulda been more clear, this is a weather related/deer movement choice. Nuthing to do with wind direction, but is doe have to with which days if yu only had 1 day to pick  based on  how youd feel what weather deer would move best in.
78.50"

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Ok thanks for the responses, i shoulda been more clear, this is a weather related/deer movement choice. Nuthing to do with wind direction, but is doe have to with which days if yu only had 1 day to pick  based on  how youd feel what weather deer would move best in.

Hope it's not to early for me to say maybe hooked on phonics could help with your posting.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I would probably pick Sunday I feel the less wind would help with movement, otherwise I do not see any other factors that would change deer movement.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Hope it's not to early for me to say maybe hooked on phonics could help with your posting.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I would probably pick Sunday I feel the less wind would help with movement, otherwise I do not see any other factors that would change deer movement.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: get used to it John........here on MNO we gotz our own special language.......its called boaranze!! kinda grows on ya after a while!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

[/quot

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Oh, in that case Sunday. I've never been one to check the moon phase before going hunting or fishing for that matter.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup that wind can be a killer no matter what the temp. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Massachusetts and Maine are last states to keep bans on Sunday hunting, but that ... Be Saturday if your out east..

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Ya get to understand it after awhile. That was funny tho.
78.50"

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Well my muzzle day season is done.i ate some bad turkeyturkey sandwhich meat and have be toilet ridden fi 2 days.
78.50"

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I don't know which would be worse, sitting out in the cold, sleet, rain, snow and high winds or sitting in,.... Oh, never mind.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well my muzzle day season is done.i ate some bad turkeyturkey sandwhich meat and have be toilet ridden fi 2 days.
you were cooking again werent you!!!!!!! :confused: :doah:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't know which would be worse, sitting out in the cold, sleet, rain, snow and high winds or sitting in,.... Oh, never mind.

I would have to agree with that...   ouch.........
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Bummer Boat. Day sucks.
Hey look your bobber is up!