Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Special lake regs  (Read 820 times)

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Interesting question I had when fishing farm island this weekend…

If a lake has special regs, does that trump state regs? So, farm island lake states “all walleye between 16-19” must be immediately released.”

State law says only one over 20”. 

So…because far island has their own special regs, can I keep 6 walleye over 20” on farm island? Doesn’t say I can’t…

Since the whole turkey fiasco, I can no longer email the DNR my questions.  :rotflmao:

Oh, fishing was so-so.
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
You can keep dinks under 16 and nice ones between 19 and 20 and one over 20.
« Last Edit: May 05/20/24, 04:28:12 PM by roony »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
The special regs for that lake trump the general state regs. So what ever the slot and limit are for farm island is for farm island only.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We have special regs for bluegill here, they started last year. You can still keep 20, but only 5 per day. I normally catch quite a few 9-10+" gills here every year fishing crappies. None of those see a knife here.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
We have special regs for bluegill here, they started last year. You can still keep 20, but only 5 per day. I normally catch quite a few 9-10+" gills here every year fishing crappies. None of those see a knife here.
I best get over there and clean some of them out! :sleazy: :mooning: :rolleyes:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, you are the reason for all the special regulations!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

:laughroll: :Photography:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:sleazy: I figured,  I'm kinda hard on fish populations   :smoking: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
The special regs for that lake trump the general state regs. So what ever the slot and limit are for farm island is for farm island only.

So the slot is release all 16-19" walleye...does that mean I can keep multiple walleye over 20"?

Here's all it says in the regs...

Special Fishing Regulations: This lake has special fishing regulations that differ from statewide or border water regulations for those species identified below and take precedence. Regulations listed below are currently in place. Visit the fishing regulations page for links to upcoming regulations for specific lakes.

Walleye: All from 16-19" must be immediately released.

...and let's be honest, there aren't any 20"+ walleye in that lake so it's pretty pointless conversation. :rotflmao: Was just drinking some beers and had an epiphany and wonder what they would do if i boated a limit of 6 22" walleyes. Lake regs trump state regs and nothing about only 1 over 20" is listed on the lake regs, so... :bonk:  :mooning:
« Last Edit: May 05/21/24, 09:13:30 AM by Pulleye16 »
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I best get over there and clean some of them out! :sleazy: :mooning: :rolleyes:
:tut: You gotta come 4 days if'n you want to get your usual 20. :nerd: :evil:     ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:
« Last Edit: May 05/21/24, 11:29:47 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

So the slot is release all 16-19" walleye...does that mean I can keep multiple walleye over 20"?

Here's all it says in the regs...

Special Fishing Regulations: This lake has special fishing regulations that differ from statewide or border water regulations for those species identified below and take precedence. Regulations listed below are currently in place. Visit the fishing regulations page for links to upcoming regulations for specific lakes.

Walleye: All from 16-19" must be immediately released.

...and let's be honest, there aren't any 20"+ walleye in that lake so it's pretty pointless conversation. :rotflmao: Was just drinking some beers and had an epiphany and wonder what they would do if i boated a limit of 6 22" walleyes. Lake regs trump state regs and nothing about only 1 over 20" is listed on the lake regs, so... :bonk:  :mooning:
That is the way that I would read it too. It does make one think though.  :scratch:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: No, I don't think you can keep more than 1 > 20" as that is a statewide regulation on all inland waters. https://files.dnr.state.mn.us/rlp/regulations/fishing/fishing_regs.pdf?v=2024.04.25-09.48.12
« Last Edit: May 05/21/24, 02:10:15 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: No, I don't think you can keep more than 1 > 20" as that is a statewide regulation on all inland waters. https://files.dnr.state.mn.us/rlp/regulations/fishing/fishing_regs.pdf?v=2024.04.25-09.48.12
that's merely a suggestion.  :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:sleazy: I figured,  I'm kinda hard on little fish populations   :smoking: :happy1: :rotflmao:
  :pouty: :doah: There, I fixed it for you glenn.  :nerd: :evil:      ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:
« Last Edit: May 05/21/24, 02:24:50 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:sleazy: I figured,  I'm kinda hard on little fish populations   :smoking: :happy1: :rotflmao:
  :pouty: :doah: There, I fixed it for you glenn.  :nerd: :evil:      ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: