Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Red Power Roundup.  (Read 269 times)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Did anyone get a chance to go to the Red Power Roundup in Spencer, IA this year? I had planned on going since last July but had to do some emergency work here at the home. Sure wish I could have gone.
      I think it's in Nebraska next year but not sure of that.
I got a GED. I couldnt speel deploma.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I bet that is pretty impressive. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I didn't but the guy who rode with me to BTT50's did. He & a friend took their own golf cart. They're both IH collectors and he said it was huge, hence the golf cart. Jim said it rotates around annually and think he said it was at the fairgrounds in Sedalia MO next year. That's same place the National Stud Ram Show & Sale is held a few weeks earlier. Can you say down in a bowl that is hot and muggy, boys and girls? I knew you could!  :cool: 

https://showmeihc.com/red-power-roundup-2025/#:~:text=The%20RPRU%202025%20will%20feature%202%2B2%2C%20Scout%20II%2C,the%20historic%20Missouri%20State%20Fairgrounds%20in%20Sedalia%2C%20MO.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Thanks for the clarification, Dotch. I wanted to go primarily to see the evolution of IH trucks. There were a lot of really interesting pieces of machinery there, too, I'm sure.
I got a GED. I couldnt speel deploma.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Jim was an over the road trucker for many years in addition to hauling a lot of grain to the cities and Winona. On our way back from BTT50's were talking about all the cab overs back in the 70's, especially the Transtars. I'd forgotten all about the bridge laws back then limiting the length of trucks, especially in IA. He said they were pretty good outfits for the day. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)