Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Pallet blind build  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
I received ten free pallets from a friend with the idea of trying to construct an enclosed blind out of them. I haven’t worked with pallets before but thought I’d give it a try. This past weekend I started the project. I decided the blind will be 5’x5’ wide and 6’4 on the tall side and slope down to 5’10” on the lower side of the roof. I plan to elevate it 5-6 feet off the ground with a trap door entrance from below. My four windows will be 24” wide and 18” tall. The trap door is 30" X 27". I also plan to use recycled metal sheets as the outside siding and roof. I am constructing it in sections so that it can be taken apart and transported to our hunting land and reassembled in its permanent spot. Here’s my progress so far. Let me know your thoughts and suggestions.
« Last Edit: July 07/17/24, 11:20:43 AM by Outdoors Junkie »
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
very nice. Even better when most of it is free!
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
the picture were i assume its you standing on the particle board is that the floor??/ doesnt seem to give you a lot of room?? especially for something to sit on>>>>

but yea looking good!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
the picture were i assume its you standing on the particle board is that the floor??/ doesnt seem to give you a lot of room?? especially for something to sit on>>>>

but yea looking good!!!!! :happy1:

Yes, the piece I am standing on is the trap door to show the size of that. I have the floor framed out, but I haven't put the flooring on that yet.  :smiley:
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: gotcha....its just the door!!! makes sense!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it looks real good!!!  :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice idea.  Double and triple check your window hight, standing and sitting in your hunting chair.  Nothing worse when that big buck is in front of you to realize you have to bend down or stand on your toes to get a good shot on him! 😲
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Well done!  Everytime I get free pallets and start to pull them apart to reuse the boards I always ask myself, "Why did I agree to do this?!?"  :confused:  But the fun part is building something for free (or cheap) and enjoying it afterwards.  Can't wait to see the final install in the woods.  G'luck.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well done! I always ask myself, "Why did I agree to do this?!?"  :confused: 
i asked myself many times after i got remarried the second time!!!!! :rolleyes: :bonk: :rotflmao:

sorry........ :offtopic: :offtopic: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
someone tell sue!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: hell..she got no room to talk  :tut: :tut: i'm her 3rd.

you know what  they say.........3rd times a charm!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :smoking: :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: hell..she got no room to talk  :tut: :tut: i'm her 3rd.

you know what  they say.........3rd times a charm!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :smoking: :happy1:
You just keep telling yourself that  :rotflmao: ;)  :mooning: . Looks good outdoors junkie, we have piles o pallets at work , great idea!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

You just keep telling yourself that  :rotflmao: ;)  :mooning: . Looks good outdoors junkie, we have piles o pallets at work , great idea!
:pouty: :bonk: dont you gotta pack and put some of that skunk urine you call beer in a cooler on ice!!! :scratch: :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline savage270

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Looks a little drafty. . .

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Looks a little drafty. . .

I plan to put metal sheeting for the outside exterior walls all the way around & also the roof.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
I have floor finished and I painted the underside today.

[attachment deleted by admin]
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Update: I painted the top 1/2 (of the inside) black. I decided to go with 2x6 frames for the windows instead of the original 2x2 frames. And last but not least, I have the roof frame boards cut but I will wait to fasten them until I get the stand to our hunting land.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
lookin good!!   :happy1:

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
I packed up the pallet blind in my truck on Friday and made the  10 hour journey from the Black Hills to our hunting land by Upper Red Lake. My parents and a hunting buddy met me there and we reassembled the pallet blind in it permanent home. We added the metal siding and cleared some shooting lanes. It turned out great!
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It looks like it belongs there.  Looking forward to this years deer pick out of it.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks perfect
Hey look your bobber is up!