Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Must See Movie!  (Read 2207 times)

Offline Sharon

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I’m a huge Marvel Comics movies fan and I just gotta say that the new “Deadpool and Wolverine” movie is a MUST SEE!! Wolverine has long been my favorite Marvel character and Deadpool quickly rose to #2 on my list of favorites, and the movie is absolutely amazing!

It does help to have seen (or be familiar with) multiple Marvel movies or characters before seeing Deadpool and Wolverine, as there’s lots of name drops and great references throughout the movie! It was fantastic to see Wolverine finally donning the yellow suit and mask! Pretty sure I’m going to see it again in theatres just because once it simply not enough!

:bow: :happy1:
~ Sometimes you must create your own destiny, instead of simply living out your fate. ~

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I kinda kept up a bit as the Ironman movie sequence expanded to include all those extra super heroes, but by the time they got to the Infinity wars (is that right?) I had lost track of all the threads that were going on.  I only saw some of the spin-off movies for characters like  Captain America,  spider man, black panther, ant man, hulk, etc., but couldn't keep up with them at all.  And I never put any effort into X-Men or Guardians.  And somehow I managed to miss Wonder Woman.   :doah:  I'm not knocking em, I just didn't have the time or energy to invest.

Glad to hear they are finally starting to turn out entertaining movies again.  Most movies have been far to WOKE for me to care lately.

P.S.  Just what is Deadpool's backstory anyway? (Or Wolverine's for that matter?)
« Last Edit: August 08/01/24, 11:20:15 AM by Steve-o »

Offline Sharon

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
MCU is a big universe and even I haven't seen many of the movies. I stick to my favorites (X-Men/Wolverine, Blade, The Punisher, and Deadpool). Deadpool is anything but a woke character and some of the things they got away with in Deadpool and Wolverine is down right awesome! It's a breath of fresh air to get back to the whole "make fun of everyone and that way no one can get offended" line of thinking!  :rotflmao:

As far as their backstories - man that's a loaded question!! Especially when you factor in that the movie adaptations don't always include or align with things from the original comics. Best bet is to pop a tub of popcorn and watch the movies. Aside from this new Deadpool and Wolverine movie, Deadpool has 2others and Wolverine has a total of 10 - but several of them are the X-Men movies in combination with Wolverine's stand-alone films. They're all a great watch!

~ Sometimes you must create your own destiny, instead of simply living out your fate. ~

Offline Rodwork

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I am also excited about seeing this movie. But I will wait for it to come out on a streaming service unless someone has a suggestion of a theater that has great audio. I have not been amazed by the audio in the last 6 theaters I have been to the point where I won’t go back. Mabey I should have not built such a nice system for my house.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I will have to put it on the list to see when it comes up here. I would love to see it. We like many of the Marvel movies. Shung Chi The rings of power was a great one that I wasn't to sure about. Very humorous.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      I'm waiting for the new John Wayne movie to come out.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Best moving in a long time! Been collecting wolvering since he got his own comic serier back in 88.and many otuer MC
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
All these marvel movie's for me are tough to keep up with, I'll watch it eventually but like rodwork I'll watch it at my own theater. Besides the last movie I seen in a theater was John Wick 3, and the volume they had it set at just about sent me out..

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea I watch them at home too..  really can't recall the last time I went out for a movie... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Sharon

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
We went to go see it a second time last night - it's THAT good! My first time seeing a movie twice now in theatres! And of course I had to get a tshirt at the store today to commemorate this milestone event! 🤣🤣🤩🤩

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That big screen is awesome but a little loud for me now too.  What a great experience though.  The last movie in a theater I saw was that Yuma one.  A buddy made me go since the last one before that was North Dallas 40 with Nick Nolte.  Maybe early 80's.  Just rented movies at home.  I do get tempted though.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Last movie I went to was cocaine bear!

Not all that good.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Last movie I seen at a theater was Star Wars. The first one in 1976.  :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
We like to go see a movie in the theater once in awhile. Kind of a date night for us. The last one we seen in the theater was the last Guardians movie last summer when we went down for the grandsons graduation.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      That made me think. The last movie we saw at a theater was Over the Hedge. Good grief.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.