Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Wi-Fi calling.  (Read 1399 times)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Every time I take my phone off the charger, it asks if I want the Wi-Fi calling on. I don't know what that is, how it works, why I need it or any pros and cons.
      I got the cheapest Android phone Consumer Cellular had. It's my first smart phone. I only use it to make the occasional call or text. No Google searches or banking stuff.
      Input, please.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
WiFi calling is your phone using your WiFi for calls in place of using the cellular network. So if you have poor cellular single in your house you can use WiFi for calls instead. If you turn it on it will automatically switch back and forth. We use WiFi calling since the steel roof on the buildings blocks some of the signal from cell towers.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Also, if you travel internationally, you need to switch calling to WiFi and put your phone on airplane mode or otherwise disconnect it from cellular data roaming. The cost of cellular when you’re out of the country is outrageous and using WiFi will save a bundle. This is the voice of (bad) experience.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Thanks, folks.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline Rodwork

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I have plenty of service at my home. When I have WiFi calling on it keeps switching back and forth. When it switches during a call there is a noticeable gap in the conversation. Like when you get in your truck and it switches over to the truck from your phone. I find it annoying. I shut off WiFi calling and the annoyance went away.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Does that here at the office. Inside this metal building the reception can suck if you're not near an outside wall so we run on WiFi. The minute you step out the door the phone grabs the signal off the tower, making people think the call was dropped.  :huh:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Does that here at the office. Inside this metal building the reception can suck if you're not near an outside wall so we run on WiFi. The minute you step out the door the phone grabs the signal off the tower, making people think the call was dropped.  :huh:
or you hanging up on them!!!!! :evil: :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!