Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: MDHA Saturday Gun Blast  (Read 1221 times)

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
The Sherburne County Swampbucks MDHA chapter is hosting a "Fall Gun Blast" raffle this Saturday. September 7th at the Getaway Bar and Grill in Orrock MN. Over 25 Great Guns will be up for raffle. Similar to a meat raffle, we sell 50 thickets at $20 and then draw. Winner picks their gun off the wall of guns, and we repeat. It goes really fast and is a lot of fun. Get a group together for a good time. See below for additional info and a list of available guns.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
You got a lot of nice guns there.  The first guy (or gal) out of the chute is going to have a tough choice.

How does the picking work?  Are folks on a the clock for how much time they have to decide?

I can see folks hemming and hawing about which one is worth the most money and slowing everything down.

Also, what happens to a gun if the background check fails?

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Steve-o,
You have a good eye for guns. Actually, there's a lot of very nice guns and you might be surprised at which guns get chosen early on. It's not always the more expensive ones. We have published the list and have copies available for the attendees so most people know what they would chose if they get drawn. We usually start selling for the next round while the previous winner is picking a gun so there really is no down time. Although possible, it has never happened where someone failed a background check. For that reason, the ineligible people simply don't buy gun raffle tickets. Occasionally, someone may get a "delayed" approval in which case they pick up the firearm at H&H after approval. 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Ooops.  I missed one important detail.  I thought it was 50 tickets total for all 25 rounds, not 50 tickets for EACH round.   :doah:  Still, it also looks to be a fun game.  $500 would get you a ticket in each of the 25 rounds.  I don't know if that actually ends up giving you a 50-50 chance of wining something, but it is a worthy cause.   :happy1:

I'd say the person who picked out the guns has a "good eye" for guns, not me.  Was the guy who picked them out anyone we might know?  ;)

You've got a good balance between practical utility and fun-factor - some entry-level firearms and some of very high quality, reputation AND accuracy.   :fudd:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Ooops.  I missed one important detail.  I thought it was 50 tickets total for all 25 rounds, not 50 tickets for EACH round.   :doah:  Still, it also looks to be a fun game.  $500 would get you a ticket in each of the 25 rounds.  I don't know if that actually ends up giving you a 50-50 chance of wining something, but it is a worthy cause.   :happy1:

I'd say the person who picked out the guns has a "good eye" for guns, not me.  Was the guy who picked them out anyone we might know?  ;)

You've got a good balance between practical utility and fun-factor - some entry-level firearms and some of very high quality, reputation AND accuracy.   :fudd:
:pouty: awe quit suckling up! :pouty: :rotflmao: :mooning:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
DE is that the bar/grill that used to be called the refuge? Used to go there often when we lived down there.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
DE is that the bar/grill that used to be called the refuge? Used to go there often when we lived down there.
It was the Refuge but it changed owners last year and now it's the Getaway.  I go there for lunch every year when snowmobiling around there.
« Last Edit: September 09/06/24, 07:12:07 AM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
The Gun Blast went well. We did 16 rounds (gun winners). Everyone thought the gun selection was excellent. People just ran out of money to continue.  For example, my son's ticket was drawn on round 16. He chose a Tikka Lite T3X 7mm mag. which had a list price of $798.  ;)

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Congratulations to the young man.  I'd be happy owning a Tikka T3x Lite.  :happy1: