Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: MARINADE  (Read 2600 times)

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE

CHEF GARY'S ITALIAN MARINADE

2 OUNCES OF COARSELY CHOPPED BASIL LEAVES
             4 GARLIC CLOVES  SMASHED
             1 CUP FRESH LEMON JUICE
             I TEASPOON OF SALT
             1 TEASPOON OF BLACK PEPPER
             2 CUPS OF OLIVE OIL

CHOP THE BASIL AND GARLIC VERY FINE,  IN A NONREACTIVE BOWL MIX THEN TOGETHER.ADD LEMONJUICE SALT AND PEPPER, GET A WIRE WHISK AND SLOWLY WHISK IN THE OIL. YOU WANT TO EMULSIFY  THE MIXTURE.
    ALLOW THE MIXTURE TO GET TO ROOM TEMP.  USE RIGHT AWAY .

THIS CAN BE USED ON SHRIMP , FILET'S OF FISH , BEEF  ,  AND CHICKEN.
     ( THIS IS A BBQ MARINADE , YOU CAN SMOKE WITH A IT AS WELL HOWEVER  YOU NEED TO RESERVE THE SAUCE AFTER YOUMARINADE  AND HEAT IT IN A NONREACTIVE PAN .  MOP THE LAST HALF HOUR OF SMOKING.
member  # 569

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
What's a "nonreactive" bowl? 
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
a nonreactive pan is one that does not react with citric acid. example would be  if you use a lot of citric acid you don't want to blend it in an aluminum pan. the citric acid will start to eat away at the pan and also can change the flavor. we use stainless, glass or nonstick for our mixing and heating needs. most marinade , bbq sauces, and mopping sauces have a large amount of citric acid ,  hence we like to state not to use a reactive bowl or pan. i hope this may clear it up for you. maybe i  should say not to use aluminum.  anyway  smoke on   and injoy !!!!!
member  # 569

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
 here you go bonehead . this marinade is used for brisket , and combined with the dry rub listed  for brisket , it  makes a totally kick butt brisket . try it and let me know what you think. this marinade is also the mop for this brisket.

3 cups of beef stock
    2 cups of ketchup
    1/2 cup of lemon juice
    1/4 cup of lime juice 
    3/4 cup of worcestershire sauce
    2 tablespoons of liquid smoke
    2 tablespoons of laureis season salt
    2 tablespoons of chile lowder
    2 tablespoons of onion powder
    2 tablespoons of nutmeg
    2 tablespoons of butter melted

combine everthing in a nonreactive pan. heat and simmer for 20 minutes or so, let cool for around a 1/2 hour it needs to be warm. pour enough over your brisket to coat it well on both sides . let it marinade for an hour per pound of brisket. at the end of the marinade pat the meat dry and sprinkle with  the brisket rub all over the meat.  cook on a woodfired smoker for 1 hour per pound at 225 degrees. the last half of the smoke .
    take the reserved  marinade  and mop the meat every 30 minutes  till the meat is done. when you take the brisket out of the marinade , put the liquid left  in your marinade pan into the pan with the reserved liquid and simmer for around 45 minutes. this is the mop . you need to keep it warm.   i hope this helps.  keep on smoking

member  # 569

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
This one is soooo simple it isn't funny.  But it sure is tasty!
What I do is:
-thaw a package of chicken 1/4's
-when thawed, put in an older tupperware container-preferably rectangle so all pieces are side by side not stacked upon one another
-then open up a bottle of soy sauce and pour the whole thing all over the chicken.  Depending on how much chicken you have, you may need 2 bottles.
-then I use the injector and inject some of the soy sauce in the chicken.
-put the lid on the chicken and place in the fridge overnight (or all day works too)
-then fire up the grill and grill as normal-disposing of the leftover soy sauce down the drain
-cook chicken until done-ENJOY!

You can also panfry the chicken if you like-but I prefer it grilled (less greasy)

I've never tried it yet, but you could substitute the soy sauce for Teriaki sauce. 
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
sounds yummieeeee!!!!!!!
member  # 569