Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ice Out guesses  (Read 5731 times)

Offline Mickbear76

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • All Ways Style~Always Style
Anybody up in that nuck of the woods have guesses on when the ice will go out on Leech??

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
  • " Minnesota Outdoorsman supporter"
 ???  the night before the morning that the last ice cube melts  witch should be about the 8th of may !!

woodchuck
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141

Offline JD

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Andover
I'm guessing April 14th.

Offline marble eye

• Minnow
I don't think the ice will be gone before the end of April. Right now even the shorelines are in good shape. The ice took a beating during that warm spell but it firmed right back up with the cold. We still have allot of ice!

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
I looked at it yesterday, I can second that!
the shoreline looked much the same as around here.
to the east of the landing by walker city park, there looked to be a dark strip out about halfway.
my guess, may 5th.
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
  • The brothers with my 2006 buck.
April 26th. I smell a contest!!!!! ;D
~ Greg
Find a bird Duke... find a bird... ROOSTER!!! BANG! Bring it here boy. GOOD BOY DUKE, GOOD BOY!!!

Offline JD

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Andover
I hope by April 20th........ ::fishing::

Offline UncleDave

• Master Outdoorsman
July 2009.  Golbal warming you know. 

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
The way things are going, I can only hope ice out state wide will be by July 4th!  Otherwise it'd be the first opener I've used my portable! ::banghead::
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline marble eye

• Minnow
leech angler, there is no way the lake will be open in 10 days. People are using 4 wheelers on the lake. the shore lines are still in great shape. The only open water is by the public access, and thats from current. Hope your right but I'm not betting on it. See ya this summer. :ROTFLMAO: Marble eye

Offline JD

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Andover
Thanks for the info Marble, I figured the ice wouldn't be off with this cold weather we've had, but we can still hope!  Hopefully in the next couple of weeks if this warm weather coming sticks around.

Offline marble eye

• Minnow
The north end of Walker Bay is open. South end still iced over. Should be completely open by this weekend. Average Ice out date is the 27th should be right on. ;D

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
  • The brothers with my 2006 buck.
I don't seem so silly now do I?  ::fishing::
~ Greg
Find a bird Duke... find a bird... ROOSTER!!! BANG! Bring it here boy. GOOD BOY DUKE, GOOD BOY!!!

Offline marble eye

• Minnow
Hey guythathunts you should get a cigar. Just drove by the lake and almost all the ice is gone. Should be completely ice free tonight or tomorrow. Getting the itch.