Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: STUFFED PRAWNS  (Read 2541 times)

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
This is recipe i cooked up  when i saw these prawns  at rainbow foods. there are 5 to 6  per pound. so you know how large they were .  ok lest get started .

1 1/2  pounds of the largest prawns you can get your hands on
   1/2 pound of bacon
   1/2 pound of gorganzola cheese.
   1 good sized  onion
   1/4  pound of mushrooms  .
   1/4 cup fresh parsley
   1/4 of margerine or butter
   2 cloves of garlic
   1 teaspoon of kosher salt
   1 tablespoon  of black pepper
   1 box of round tooth pics
   dice the onion , mushrooms , and garlic .  the dice should be very small.  the smaller the better. melt the butter or margerine in a pan. add the onion , mushrooms , and garlic . sweat these on med heat for around 10 minutes. do not let them brown. add the salt and pepper . continue over low heat for a minute or so.  add the goganzola and melt . chop the parsely very fine and add.  let this cook until the cheese is melted  . stir it so it does not stick or burn.  remove from heat and let stand
   peel your prawns   and devein . make a slice up the back  of the prawn  being careful not to slice all the way thru . now take the cheese mixture  and stuff the cavity you just sliced  up the back of your prawn. wrap with a strip of bacon . put a tooth pic thru the bacon andinto the prawn.
   prepare your  grill   (gas  would be med  heat and charcoal would be the direct method)
  brush the grill rack with olive oil   . when the grill is heated put the prawns on. they will cook 30 minutes total . you want to flip em over after 15minutes  . (depending on how large they are  will vary in cooking time. the bigger ones 6 to a pound cook for a total of 30 minutes. the smaller ones a little less time. )
   i hope you all enjoy this as much as my family has .   
     :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef:
member  # 569

Offline Harold

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yes sir.  I'll be giving that a one a whirl.  Thanks!!
My initial response was to sue her for defamation of character, but then I realized that I had no character.

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
ANYTIME  !!!  come back often  you never know what will  be posted . let me know what you think  !!   :chef: :chef: :bandana: ::50cal::
member  # 569

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
What are prawns
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
BIG SHRIMP  ::hittingself::

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
 :ROTFLMAO:  VERY !!
member  # 569

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
I use to get them and crab fresh of the boats when they came back in off the ocean in oregon all the time nothing like fresh seafood right out of the ocean  :rock:

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
Man  that sounds  good  !!!  i used to crab in texas  on the gulf .  it was a blast not to mention the taste !!!! :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef:
member  # 569