Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Buffalo Sauce  (Read 2353 times)

Offline Mickbear76

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • All Ways Style~Always Style
Does anybody have any good buffalo sauce recipes.  I am going to make the atomic buffalo turds for an appetizer and was thinking of putting a piece of buffalo chicken inside the jalepeno.  Any thoughts??

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
how hot you want it ??  and i dont think sauce'in up the pepper is a very good idea. however the idea of the atomic chicken inside  sounds like a winner !!   i have a very simple sauce that you can adjust the heat with very easy. 
   Drizzle tobasco suace on the chicken. Then sprinkle hot pepper flakes on  and cook like normal. i know this sounds to easy . try it  . i do thisto wings  for superbowl  party  and everyone cant get enough of them.

also  you may want to ask  Bonehead  Aka. Randy   his thoughts . I think he may have a few up his sleave.  good luck  and  i hope this helps !!  scott

:bandana:                                            :taz:                                                                       ::50cal::
member  # 569

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
i found one  check it out !!!   first lets get a little history lesson
  on october 30 1964 at the anchor bar in buffalo new york  the buffalo wing was invented. we have a lady by the name  of teressa belissimo to thank  for this  fantastic   finger food. her idea was to deep fry the chicken wing and then slather it with a mixture of butter  and hot sauce. so anyway  lets get to it !!!

8   tablespoons of salted butter  cut in 1inch pieces  \
     3 cloves  of garlic  minced
     2 tablespoons of tomato paste
     1/2 cup of drywhite wine
     2 tablespoons of distilled white vinegar
     1/4  to  1/2 cup of tabasco  sauce   (if you like it hot  useit all  if not  tone it down )
     1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
 melt a couple of tablespoons of butter in a pan  and gently wilt the garlic. about  3 minutes
 add the tomato paste and wisk for around two minutes.add the wine and vinegar and take it to a boil  and simmer  for maybe 2 minutes  or so. wisk real good  you want the paste to mix in .
 add the rest of the butter  and tabasco  andsimmer two orthreed more minutes   wisking  the whole time. you want this  mixed up real good before you use it .
   brush this on cooked meat  and sprinkle with a touch of cayenne for some real heat.

portions of ths recipe came from steven  raichlen .         i hope this works    enjoy   scott
 :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef:
member  # 569

Offline labs4me

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
You can buy a bottle of Anchor Bar's original WIng Sauce at Cub.  If you ask me it is THE BEST buffalo wing sauce on the market!

Good Luck!

Ken

Offline Mickbear76

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • All Ways Style~Always Style
I wasn't planning on putting any sauce on the pepper---just a chunk of buffaloed chicken inside the cream cheese.  I think that I'll give it a shot with your recipe Holdem.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
the one sauce you add after the chicken is cooked.  i am sorry i did not explain that to you better.  you just cook the chicken  and before you putem in the pepper  just give it a dunk.  i hope this clears it up for you . again i am sorry for not being more clear  in my discrition. 

member  # 569