Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: JERKY RECIPE'S  (Read 2773 times)

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
ANYONE WANT ANY  JERKY RECIPES  POSTED  OR DO YOU HAVE ANY YOU WANT TO SHARE .  PLEASE POST , LETS SEE WHAT  KIND OF FEEDBACK WE GET !!!  THANK YOU   SCOTT

:chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef:
« Last Edit: April 04/11/07, 01:54:53 PM by holdemtwice »
member  # 569

Offline luvnlife

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Please post.. We make alot of jerky and always buy the HI-MOUNTAIN brand. It turns out good. We are leary on trying anything else due to the time and effort that goes into it, but if someone has a recipe that they have tried and liked, it would make it easier to try something new. I feel like I am rambling.....Holdem have I ever told you what a good job you do on this site?  :chef: ::dancinred:: ::dancinred:: Well, I'll say it again...I appreciate your recipes and the time you put in on the BBQ shack! LUVNLIFE

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
 WELL , A GREAT BIG THANX  TO LUVIN AND HER CREW !!! I HAVE SEVERAL JJERKY'S RECIPE'S FOR BEEF  OR VENISON , I WILL HAVE TO LOOK FOR EM  . WHEN I FIND EM I WILL POST .

:chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef:

P.S  i couldnt have done this without bonehead  aka randy   or the big  DAVEO .  here is a shout out to both of them !!!   thanx guys  .  lets keep it going !!!!
member  # 569

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
 i use the hi mountain cure too luv,
tried all the teriaki/soy/sauce/liquid
smoke recipes on the net...
the hi mountain is the best homemade
jerky i have found so far. i use the hickory
blend, but kick it up a little with pepper.
then i smoke it. everyone at deer camp loves
it!

randy aka bh
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline luvnlife

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hey Bonehead and Daveo you guys do a great job too!! I didn't mean to leave you out. I love the bbq shack. Thanks and Thanks!! LUVNLIFE

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
thanks!!javascript:replaceText(' ::cheers::', document.postmodify.message);
cheers

randy aka bh
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Iceberg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I usually use the Hi-Mountian Jerky kits but here is a recipe I haven't tried yet. I don't remember where I got it, but it looked good.

3lbs deer or beef sliced 1/8 thick
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup A-1 steak sauce
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp Accent
2 tsp Tabasco sauce
2 tsp liquid smoke
2 tsp Worchester sauce
2 tsp lawerys seasoned salt
1 tsp salt

mix all spices in a bowl, add meat and marinate overnight, mix now and then, dry in food dehydrator or in your oven with just the pilot light on, mine dries about 16 to 18 hours.

A small group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead