Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Looking for some help  (Read 5741 times)

Offline Rywheat

• Pout Shouters-Saloon
  • Outdoorsman
We have rented a cabin on this lake for the weekend after the opener is there any place a person would recommend to fish. Haven't fished here b-4 so open to ideas looking for some crappies and or walleyes. Thanks feel free to post here or pm me if you would like to keep info a little more secret. Thanks Ry

Offline LandDr

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Sounds like fun!  It's a nice lake and there are many options.  There are some good sunny bites (6 to 7 ouncers) and crappies were still biting good until mid summer last year and I would expect the same this year.  Walleyes are great as well but it is better to check back with me later to let you know where some spots are...or just stop into the Fish On store and I usually have a hand drawn map of some spots.  Too many to mention in just a post.

See you on the lake!

Kyle
Fish On...and on...and on...and on!

Offline Rywheat

• Pout Shouters-Saloon
  • Outdoorsman
Thanks for the info Where is the Fish on store?
Thanks RY

Offline Rywheat

• Pout Shouters-Saloon
  • Outdoorsman
Getting close, how was the opener here. I talk to a few that got some nice crappies and a couple of eyes

Offline Rywheat

• Pout Shouters-Saloon
  • Outdoorsman
anyone anyone I leaving in less than 24 hrs for this trip any help would be great

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
report from Larry last weekend... when you are up there, stop in and tell him John Wester sent ya.... he'll fill you in. ;)
STARBUCK - Minnewaska Bait, Larry Jensen, Hwy 29 near the Starbuck Marina (320-239-2239)
   We had some great walleye action out on the lake in front of the high school and the first little point on the south side. Fatheads, shiners and leeches on a plain lindy rig anywhere in the 15 to 20 foot range.  Lake Mary was good for both walleyes and Northerns.  Oscar Lake also was giving up some walleyes.  I didn?t hear any good reports coming from Reno.  Lots of sunnies are being caught in the Starbuck Marina, but only every 1 in 10 is a keeper, but it?s great entertainment for the kids.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline Rywheat

• Pout Shouters-Saloon
  • Outdoorsman
Thanks we did well  but we had to search found some action at Mary as well