Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Trap Rules  (Read 2032 times)

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Took Hockey #12 out to Metro Gun Club for the youth trap league and I joined em this time.  Felt good to shoot again; its been a while.  The boy was really on and without counting, I think he outshot me but the scorer didn't put it down that way.  Is there any certain rule as to when they count it as a hit  ???  I thought if a chip came off, it was a hit.   :bandana:  :bandana:
Grute Man
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes a chip is a hit, but if the score keeper doesn't see it then it is up to you to let them know you saw it.

Most will score it a hit if you say a chip came off, now in a sanctioned shoot like ATA they may ask for a witness?
Dave O will know the answer to that better than I.

But a chip is a hit , just make sure the score keeper knows it to.

Benny
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

Offline DaveO

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
As Benny said a chip is a hit,,some times they cant allways be seen by the scorer or sometimes they just dont pat attition.

If you see a mistake just stop shooting and get the score straitend out.
Shut up and Shoot

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Thanks guys.  I knew I'd get the skinny here.  I've never shot trap before so this helps.  Our last puller would tell us our scores after each set of 5 shots.  In previous weeks, they didn't do that.  I'll ask them to do that from now on and keep a close ear on it.

Thanks again.
Grute Man
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline DaveO

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yes,,you want them to tell you the score after each station..For one reasion is to make sure they did not miss something,,Because if they did THAT! is the time to correct it.

And for two  IT'S there job to tell you the score after you shoot each station.

One more thing is they should be yelling you misses so that you can here them and if you can not here them,,,,Tell them you cant ,,,they will speak up.

Some of the trap kids are new and you must get used to teaching and helping them out untill they know what there sposed to be doing
Shut up and Shoot

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep...a visible piece, dusting dosent count....Ive got pretty good eyes, and I see orange dust all the time, but ya need a definate visible chip.  But remember, nobody likes a chipper.  My sporting clay buddies start callin you Chip Douglas if yer yellin "chip" more than once a round.  Like an old claybuster would say, JUST HIT THE DAMN THING!  YA EITHER HIT EM OR YA DONT!  Cause when it comes to the feathered critters, that one pellet better find his eye, otherwise he's loong goone....  ;)                          -thunderpout 8)