Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: TIP  (Read 2335 times)

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
  • The brothers with my 2006 buck.
TIP
On the opener I was fishing with a friend from shore on the Mississippi. Their was a group of 4 guys across from us and the caught and kept 2 smalmouth bass. It was burning me up in side, but my buddie cooled me down by saying "It is fishing opener, they proly think they can keep them" That was valid i thought so I yelled across the water "Hey fellas! Those fish aren't in season! Bass doesn't open for another 2 weeks you got to throw them back until then!" they clairfyed and I told them that any fish with the word "bass" it its name can't be kept for two more weeks because they spawn latter than other fish and it's the law. They thanked me for the info reassuring me that they wouldn't have broke the law had the known the rule. I felt better knowing that they weren't being unlawfull on purpose (even though I think if your going to go fishing you should know the rules) but I felt good knowing that I could teach someone something about the sport. This next part is what ticked me off. THEY DIDN'T THOW THEM BACK! I couldn't believe it! I told them the rule and they thanked me for the information, but they didn't care what I was saying, and now I realized that they most likely did know the rule this whole time and didn't care! Well they were in for something that I am sure they were not expecting. I gave them five min. and pulled out my cell phone. I called TIP and told them my story. My friend and I left and a DNR truck was pulling in as we were pulling out. I hope they get their privileges revoked. It is one thing to make a mistake, but it is another to purposely poach. I try to help people out whenever I can but when someone jerks my chain like that they should pay for their crime. So, I suggest you all do the same, you got to try to guide people in the right direction, but when they don't listen... TIP!
PS. The TIP hotline number is printed on the back of all of your hunting and fishing licenses.
~ Greg
Find a bird Duke... find a bird... ROOSTER!!! BANG! Bring it here boy. GOOD BOY DUKE, GOOD BOY!!!

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
way to go bro thats what we need to do bust them everytime ...... its people like that....that makes it bad for the rest of us ..... you did your job as an outdoorsman once again way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
 ::dito ::dito ::dito ::dito ::dito ::dito ::dito
i agree  good job. however i have a question for you. how in the world did you keep your cool. i would have walked on water  my self to get to them.
 i came from a state that didn't take the limit or season  seriously and most of the game fish got fished out. so i am behind what you did  100 %  .  lets try and save this natural resource for our youngins to enjoy like we are able too . so i tip my hat  and thank you for doing the right thing !!   

holdemtwice
member  # 569

Offline fishercz20

• Outdoorsman
2 Thumbs Up! Great job!

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
way to go you gave them :moon:

Offline captkev

• Outdoorsman
  Great Job, I would have done it the same way. I try and ask others that might be with me what they would do before I make the call, but then again it is not my job to decide if I should cut them some slack or just let the law handle it. I keep the tip number and most of the direct numbers for the C.O.'s in my area. It's good to get to know your local C.O.'s  and when you do run into one just ask them for a card and if they mind giving you their cell number. Sometimes it's quicker and easier to just call direct than to have to do a Tip patch threw the State Patrol. 

I feel everyone should be able to read the laws just like I can. I get a regulations book and study any new changes each year. I think others should be able to do the same or pay the price.

Once again... "Great Job" ::cheers::
Kevin K. Winkler

Ice Team PowerStick

Offline icebanger

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
good job guy ive also had to make that call 2 times drives me crazy when you see them break the laws..worse part of is it they will only get a fine..hats off to you guy keep up the good work ::dancinred::