Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Qualified  (Read 7218 times)

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Well Im excited to say I qualified for the Metro Bow Hunts.  I then went on line to MBRB and applied for one of the hunts that works with my schedule and mailed in my application.  Now to see if my name gets drawn.  Im keeping my fingers crossed until I find out. 

Grute Man  ::dancinred::
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Very cool and congratulations Grute. A good buddy has been hunting the Metro hunts for quite a few years now.
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
congrates gm, hope the drawing goes well for you.

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Thanks Spinach and Trip!! Im pretty excited.  The last 2 years, my time out hunting was VERY limited so this could be a complete turn around for me.  2 years ago, I only got out once and wrecked my truck in the process.  ::banghead::  Last year I got 2 or 3 trips but nada in the freezer.  ::violin:;   
Im thinkin Im due.   :gunsmilie: 

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
Congrats. I've been considering doing this myself. In fact, I have the 2007 application sitting on my desk but I haven't filled it out yet.

Good Luck
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
way to go gruteman hope you get something to put in the freezer now  :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO:

Offline ChrisWallace

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Where did you do your qualifying shoot at?

Youll love the mbrb hunts they are some of the dumbest deer you'll ever see!

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Hey Joe, they're already drawing for some hunts so I'd say apply for the ones you're interested in asap.  Go to their website and you can click on the hunts you're interested in.  Scroll down and some already have primarys and back ups picked.

Chris,  I qualified at Bwanas.  Good thing those deer are dumbed down.  I need all the help I can get.   ;D

Offline ChrisWallace

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hey Joe, they're already drawing for some hunts so I'd say apply for the ones you're interested in asap.  Go to their website and you can click on the hunts you're interested in.  Scroll down and some already have primarys and back ups picked.

Chris,  I qualified at Bwanas.  Good thing those deer are dumbed down.  I need all the help I can get.   ;D

That wasnt an attack on you man, trust me, they can be good shooting. I did a youth hunt and I had a kid in my double bull and he shot the hub of the blind and the doe walked closer to see what happened, and he got a second shot on her!

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Its all good Chris.  I didn't think you were rippin on me.  But I was  ::hittingself::  ;D  Im a rookie hunter (and not the brightest bulb on the tree) so I could use some dumbed down deer to get some good experience. 

Was shooting the new bow today and getting pretty good groups.  Like to get em tighter but its already better than my old bow.

So did that kid get his doe?  Probably shakin pretty hard with all that goin on then to see her stick around and move in closer.  Gotta love it.  Nature at its best and never predictable.
Grute Man

Offline ChrisWallace

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Its all good Chris.  I didn't think you were rippin on me.  But I was  ::hittingself::  ;D  Im a rookie hunter (and not the brightest bulb on the tree) so I could use some dumbed down deer to get some good experience. 

Was shooting the new bow today and getting pretty good groups.  Like to get em tighter but its already better than my old bow.

So did that kid get his doe?  Probably shakin pretty hard with all that goin on then to see her stick around and move in closer.  Gotta love it.  Nature at its best and never predictable.
Grute Man

No he didnt but thats all good. What places did you apply for? If you want to keep it a secret, just pm, but I can help you out scouting a few of the spots.

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
WOW that'd be great.  No secrets here. I applied for

Otter Lake
Poplar Lake
Pigs Eye
Turtle Creek
Fish Lake
And Long Lake

I was thinking of getting some TOPO maps or something and doing some scouting.  Any help would definitly be appreciated.

Grute Man

Offline ChrisWallace

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
google earth works alright. You do get some scouting time.

Pigs eye rocks!

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Whats the deal with qualifiying? ???
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
The MBRB manages special hunts for the Ramsey County Parks and Rec dept.  Hutners must both apply and qualify each year.  Qualifing shots show the P&R dept that MBRB is putting good accurate hunters out there to manage the deer herd in overpopulated parks.  Also some areas are more sensitive/visable so the use of sharpshooters is needed.  Qualifying shows MBRB who is a sharpshooter.  If you're interested, here's the website: http://www.strictlybowhunting.com/mbrb/index.htm
I believe there is still time to apply and do your qualifying shots.  On the link I provided go to "Proficiency Tests Taken Here"  Its over on the right hand side.  There is also a FAQ section, membership application...
Good Luck Grute

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Almost forgot to update you guys.  I did get my name drawn for one of the hunts.  Already had the orientation meeting and I met up with the 2 guys who will be hunting the same zone and weekends as me.  One of them has scouted the area already.

I've got a map and will do a short scout this weekend just so Im not fumbling around the first morning of the hunt.  Im getting all organized.

One thing I need is a vest type body harness.  I'd like to get rid of the day pack if I could and I HAVE to have a harness so mabye 2 birds with one stone.

Did anyone else apply for any special hunts?