Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Glitch?  (Read 3772 times)

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
I've been notified by a member and have noticed this myself a few times.

Why does the site replace  ' and - sometimes with ? marks I think you have a glitch in the system, it has happened to me several times and I have seen it several times on other people's ads and other stuff.  I have had don't replaced with don?t several times and ROLL - IN ? BANDSAW replaced with ROLL - IN ? BANDSAW.

Is there something we on this end are doing wrong?  Or is this something internal?  Thanks in advance for your help regarding this issue! ::rockon::
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
It happens when you copy and paste something into the post/forum. That is when it is happening. Not sure if this can or cannot be fixed.

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
Pages locking up they they say can't not find server ..

On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Pages locking up they they say can't not find server ..

???

Haven't seen this.......

Have You?

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
It sounds like to much traffic with your internet provider.  What kind of connection do you have?  Highspeed or dial up?
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
dail up..

MNO  is the only site i have problems with..(locking up) ::hittingself::
« Last Edit: June 06/25/07, 06:35:57 PM by iceman »

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Now if I remember correctly this is something that you have been bringing up for a long time....right?

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Iceman,

Go to the homepage and remove all of the boxes. Each area on the main page has an E or - sign in the top of the box, click the minus sign in each area that you want to hide. Once you hide an area on the main page, it will also hide it on the other pages of the site. This will make the site load faster on dial up. Other than that, there is nothing we can do on our end.

Let us know if this works for you.
MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Start with the DNR feed on the bottom middle of the main page, that should make the entire site load a lot faster, then try the featured article and the picture of the week and sponsors if necessary.

The slowest loading part of MNO will definitely be the DNR feed, especially when the DNR is having problems on there end.

Good luck
MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
will try any thing right now..

yes this is some thing i have been bringing up for a long time now..

Offline mopho

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
It sounds like to much traffic with your internet provider.  What kind of connection do you have?  Highspeed or dial up?
thats usaly the other way around the server would be saturated and such not client side

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
It is probably not your internet connection if you don't have problems with other sites.  It is probably something with your computer though if no one else is having the same problem when you are.  It could just be a coincidence that it locks up when you come here.  Does you computer ever give you any error messages?

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
Does you computer ever give you any error messages?

NOPE ..