Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Saturday - March 10th  (Read 8312 times)

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman
A few of us will be heading to to Mille Lacs on Saturday for some perch...  Probably heading out of Rocky Reef to shoot some potential video also... 

Anyone interested?

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Not sure whats happening this weekend yet? I've been hearing some good reports though and would really like to make a run up for the day, i'll let you know. It depends if I have the kids or not this weekend.

Mayfly just left for Mille Lacs a few minutes ago, so we'll have another report from him tomorrow, he'll be back tomorrow evening.
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds good...  Make it over to my house and I will drive (virgin trip for the new truck)...  At least one other truck going and we are thinking about bringing the Polar Double Flip Over house if it ain't too windy!!!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
We caught a few today. Very slow. The fish were down there but they wouldn't bite! I guess yesterday they pulled 22 keepers out of the same spot, it just wasn't the case today. I have a nice pic I will post when I get a chance. Big perch!

Oh yeah...we fished the flats.

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman
Should be up there by 9:00 after breakfast on the road...  Four man double flip over house and a silver Chevrolet Silverado...

2-ways are charged - give a shout on channel 12 if your around Rockmans...

PS - His launch is doing just fine, all guns a blazing to find some mmmmmmm perch!!!!  Rockman got his limit yesterday of 10 - 12'..

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
was on the big pond yesterday very very slow storm moving in today might help ..
if you come up bring your water boots all the snow melted yesterday it was 45 on the lake very nice day to be there..
yes 1 more trip to the rockmans today thinking this will be my last for the ice year ...
winds are starting to pick up here in north centrel mn..
On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing

Offline HEDHUNTER

• Outdoorsman
how did you end up today? we searched everywhere & came up short.
GULL LAKE ICE HOUSE RENTAL
S & W GUIDE SERVICE
218-820-7757
Strikemaster Augers - Otter Outdoors - Drake Waterfowl

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
never made it to the pond wimped out sorry guys i tryed too but things kept me home this time..
On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman
It had been a long time since I had been fishing with Junior (Andy?s dad).? Andy & I grew up fishing with our fathers on Peter Lake in the metro area or on one of the many lakes by our Grand Rapids cabin.? Even though we could not convince my dad to get on the water with us (chicken old Navy man), Andy, Junior and I planned on getting Junior on some jumbo perch that Rocky Reef had been kicking out.?

I had picked them up around 6:30 and off we went.? A quick stop for breakfast and some bait and we were at Rockman?s at 9:00 just as planned.? With the winter storm coming in for later on Sunday we pretty much new we would have to hunt them down a little more then the weekend before.?

We started off out at the second hump in 32 feet of water where we found them last week.? Slow going and only a few bites and a few small ones, those came on a simple, small, green glow jig on a minnow.? We moved back towards shore and found that they were slow there also.? Rockman stopped by to say hi and that it was slow going for him also and that he had only a couple in the bucket.?

We left Junior to man the 4 man house and Dude and I headed over to the little group that was forming in front of Eddy?s.? Remembering the luck we had last week on the very outside edge?s of groups, we set up 40-50 feet away from anyone on the outer edge.? Two holes and 3 bites later (one borderline fish landed) and we were heading back to pick up camp and move on over.? I drill about 15 holes (4 for the house) and I was planning on hunting them down?? First hole (which was closest to our houses) had nothing but lookers, the second hole (which was the furthest away from everyone) had more aggressive fish.? First 2 were borderline toss backs.? A few more misses and a few more 10? keepers.? A few more misses and they slowed down and would not even tap it at all.? I took a brief warm up period in the house and watching Andy loose something big that took tons of drag and was giving a good fight.? I went back out and on the first drop of the jig and a aggressive one took the bait, 11? keeper.? I bought that to the bucket and back out again.? I dropped it down and then finally I raised the jig and minnow and here came an aggressive one.? It hit like a freight train and grabbed the LX-3 and tossed it a side to not to tangle.? It came thorough the hole and was the biggest perch I had ever caught / seen in person.? 13 1/2+? and fat, fat, fat?? It weighed 1.5 lbs on the Rapala scale at home.? I could not imagine what that 2+ lb perch at the Liberty contest looked like in person, as I thought this thing was a monster.

We ended up with 9 perch from 10? ? 13" but was a slow day over all.? Ice was fine out on the lake but very wet!!!? Rockman?s landing going on was besides wet, just fine, but Eddy?s was 8+? of water for the last 100 feet and had some nice ice heaves building.? There might be one last weekend next Saturday on the way home from skiing, but not too sure, especially with this heavy snow that we got overnight.?

It was nice to get out with Junior again and hopefully there is less time between the next fishing outing with him.

10", 11", 13+"

Biggen - 13+"

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Awesome report Scott! Thanks.