Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Sealion fishing  (Read 2262 times)

Offline BearGuide

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Castle Creek Outfitters - Northern MN Bear Guide
    • www.Castle-Creek-Outfitters.com
I am currently in Vancouver British Columbia and went out with a guide on the ocean near the Campbell River on Vancouver Island yesterday Chinook salmon fishing.  The first fish we hooked up with was a good one.  We look out back behind the boat and there is a sealion grappling with me for my fish!  You won't see that in Lake Michigan or Superior!  I fought him for a while but the rod line eventually gave out.  At least he got an excellent meal out of it and a little added excitement for myself.
« Last Edit: July 07/24/07, 04:45:22 PM by BearGuide »

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Thanks for sharing your exciting event.  I bet that was awesome to see!  I hope you have a great trip.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline JD

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Andover
I also fished there about 5 years ago and seen the sealions out there.  I was with a guide and noticed a slingshot hanging on his boat, I asked him what it was for and he told me that they shoot rocks at the sealions when they try and steal your fish that you are trying to reel in.  I was  :ROTFLMAO:.
« Last Edit: July 07/24/07, 12:11:34 PM by Leech Angler »

Offline BearGuide

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
My guide would have liked to have had a slingshot as well and the topic came up a few times.   The resort burned down a few years ago and this is what they rebuilt...rather nice I thought.  I brought my lucky charm with (wife).
« Last Edit: July 07/25/07, 10:06:29 AM by BearGuide »

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
That looks really nice. Have a link??

Offline BearGuide

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Painters Lodge on Vancouver Island in Campbell River.  I will look for a link another time.  I am getting ready to speak at a conference.

Offline BearGuide

• Xtreme Outdoorsman