Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: can't decid between two bows  (Read 6427 times)

Offline kenneth

• Minnow
If anyone has any input on a hoyt vectrix or mathews drenalin, i have shot both these are the two I'm considering and would like to know how they hold up for the long hall. i have heard that the vectrix has tuning problems and has to be worked on more, the drenalin all i have heard is that they have very very few problems with limbs cracking  I would really value the opinion of owners of the bows than the one's selling to make the money.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Ken:

I don't have wither of these bows but I do have a Hoyt Vortec.  This bow was easy to tune.  I have owned it now for 4 or 5 years.  It has performed flawlessly in all conditions.  I put it away at the end of bow season and pull it out a month  or so before season to pracice up.  I have never had to make adjustments to the bow.  I start shooting and it's just like I never put it away.  Saying that....I don't think you can go wrong with either bow. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I would really value the opinion of owners of the bows than the one's selling to make the money.

I don't know enough about bows to give you any good advice but I do know that if you can't trust the people selling the bows than you should look elsewhere.

Where are you buying at??

Offline kenneth

• Minnow
If anyone has any input on a hoyt vectrix or mathews drenalin, i have shot both these are the two I'm considering and would like to know how they hold up for the long hall. i have heard that the vectrix has tuning problems and has to be worked on more, the drenalin all i have heard is that they have very very few problems with limbs cracking  I would really value the opinion of owners of the bows than the one's selling to make the money.

Offline kenneth

• Minnow
I'm buying in cullman alabama. when people are making money off your dicision they tend to sway you to what they offer.Hard to find honest people anymore when it comes to money

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
What the heck are you doing in Alabama?? Living? Working?

Sorry can't help you with your decision. I know when Monday morning rolls around some of our bow experts will see your post.

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
kenneth,
have you shot either of these types of bows?
that would be my first step in making my decision.
even if it is not the exact bow you are looking to buy, which would be optimal,
it would be the best decision helper I can think of, to make your decision.
you can go to archerytalk and ask the members there.
there are thousands of people who shoot bows every day and probably hundreds who could give you an honest, unbiased opinion on their performance.
all the reliability factors are important, but the fit and feel are the biggest factors in my book.

all this who bought a bow sight unseen last season.....
it was however from a very good friend who's judgement I trust without question.
I have to say the bow he got for me, was a great fit, and a wonderful shooting bow too.
it had me looking like I had been shooting it all my life in only a couple weeks ;)

take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline kenneth

• Minnow
What the heck are you doing in Alabama?? Living? Working?

Sorry can't help you with your decision. I know when Monday morning rolls around some of our bow experts will see your post.

yes i live and work here in alabama born and raised. Thank you and have a good day. maybe some will see and give there opinion. thanks for yours.

Offline kenneth

• Minnow
kenneth,
have you shot either of these types of bows?
that would be my first step in making my decision.
even if it is not the exact bow you are looking to buy, which would be optimal,
it would be the best decision helper I can think of, to make your decision.
you can go to archerytalk and ask the members there.
there are thousands of people who shoot bows every day and probably hundreds who could give you an honest, unbiased opinion on their performance.
all the reliability factors are important, but the fit and feel are the biggest factors in my book.

all this who bought a bow sight unseen last season.....
it was however from a very good friend who's judgement I trust without question.
I have to say the bow he got for me, was a great fit, and a wonderful shooting bow too.
it had me looking like I had been shooting it all my life in only a couple weeks ;)

yes i have shot both. thank you. just want to make sure on reliability

Offline bemidjiman

• Outdoorsman
I will start off by saying that I personally own a Drenalin. Best bow I have ever shot, held and killed a deer with. It has made my bow huntng life awesome :rock: I am a firm beleiver in Matthews all the way so that is what I think! I dont get to technical. I just shoot and feel the bow and buy what I feel is best for me. Now I want to touch on the below!

I don't know enough about bows to give you any good advice but I do know that if you can't trust the people selling the bows than you should look elsewhere.

You couldn't have said it any better mayfly. It is all about the shop and the people. I remmebr the first time I walked into my bow shop I knew I was in a safe place especially after they sold me the cheapest bow in the place and said I promise you can kill deer with this! happy2.gif I think i spent 300 tops and sure enough I killed deer for 3 years with that bow. Then I started seeingh my buddies bows and started getting picky and then I spent 500 :whistling: :whistling: don't tell the wife. every year it gets expensive! You don't want to know what I most recently spent ::hittingself:: ::hittingself:: ::banghead::

anyways choose what you like. Heck, you are down to 2 bows right?

Go with the Matthews love2.gif

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
Ken, I know where your at in deciding. Had I shot a mathew before buying my hoyt vortec i would of had the same problem you are having. The only tuning problem i have had with my vortec was after the string stretched to much. New cable and string took care of that. I agree that you can not go wrong with either of the bows. Kf you like the way they both feel and shoot all you can do is flip a coin.