Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Weather Reports  (Read 7293 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Where does everyone get their most reliable weather report from??

I check

www.theweatherchannel.com

&

The National Weather Service (can't remember the address)

I've been checking them for the opener and evertime I check it gets better. I will not count on it though. Opener in Mn equals rains, wind, cold and possibly sleet. Why can't it just be nice...this once!

Actually 3 or 4 years ago I passed on Mille Lacs and the weather there was horrible while I was farther up north the temps were higher and the sun was out. ;) Not for long though......

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
  • " Minnesota Outdoorsman supporter"
KSTP ch. 5,DAVE DAHL he,s fairly close to the call. but what works for me is pack for the worse, and hope for the best . you live in minnesota.
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
 I seen this thing about the most accurate weather forecaster in the nation. They are from MN and statistically they were more accurate than the national weather service by a good percent. It's janie peterson from channel nine.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
I've got a short cut to Fox 9 myself. Janie is the weather goddess. ;D

Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I've been a wetherchannel.com guy for a while but I am officialy done! Their report is nonsense. Ricgh t now in Isle, Mn it is 70 degrees. On weatherchannel.com it says it is 55 degrees. That tells me they sure aren't monitoring the area like Janie is.

I wish they had a more detailed forecast on 9 but I like what their saying.

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
Around opener I'm more concerned with wind. Nobody seems to care about forcasting the wind. Ruined opener for me last year.
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Around opener I'm more concerned with wind. Nobody seems to care about forcasting the wind. Ruined opener for me last year.

That is how I feel too. I do wish the cold front that is supposed to be coming would come and go by the weekend or not come at all. Rain?? Doesn't bother me. Wind? Lets keep it calm, our boat is too small.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Because I am at work and bored out of my mind I searched 6 weather sites for Isle, MN and I got 6 different reports. Some very similar and a couple not so similar. What I should do is compare these reports to Garrison reports....that would be interesting, maybe.

Friday
Anyways the temps ranged from 50 - 56 for a high on Friday with showers, to slight chance of showers to partly cloudy. The lows for Friday ranged from 36 - 40.

Saturday
The temps ranged from 53 - 62 as a high and the lows ranged from 34 - 42. It was the same with precip. It ranged from Partly cloudy to showers.

I have wayyyyyyy to much time on my hands :-\
« Last Edit: May 05/09/06, 06:14:09 PM by Mayfly »