Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New Sight Frustrations  (Read 5115 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
So I decided to upgrade and bought a new sight last week. Mounted the sight on and have been shooting and getting it ready to go tomorrow morning...well there is a problem. I am grouping perfectly to the right of the bullseye about 2 inches. So normally you would just move your sight over a little more. Well the problem is that the sight won't move over anymore. Is this normal??? Anyone else ever experience this? I am pretty mad right now as I have to work now and I was going to hunt in the am. Frustrated!!! :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz:
« Last Edit: October 10/01/07, 09:11:47 PM by Mayfly »

Offline blazer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I had a similar problem last year when i changed my sight.  I fixed the problem by adjusting my rest.  Sliding my rest over solved the problem.  Hope this helps. ::cheers::
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.  -B. Franklin

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
 ::hittingself::

That is the same thing a guy I work with suggested.....why didn't I think of that!

Now my morning hunt is shot! Wait.....I am shooting a tight group 2 inches right, maybe if I aimed 2 inches left............ :detective:

???

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Right on.  You KNOW where those arrows are going so aim accordingly.  Another option other than the rest would be to bolt the sight on the right side of the riser.  If its already on that side then yeah adjust the rest or just shoot 2" left.

Good luck and be sure to let us know how you do.
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Right on.  You KNOW where those arrows are going so aim accordingly.  Another option other than the rest would be to bolt the sight on the right side of the riser.  If its already on that side then yeah adjust the rest or just shoot 2" left.

Good luck and be sure to let us know how you do.

Regardless I am heading out in the am. I gotta get out, haven't been out since opening week! I'll be sure to post a report...it will be more of a scouting mission. Not sure I am comfortable with the shot although I do know my up and down is on target and I was consistent with groups 2 inches right. For safe measure I did shot a round in the eye aiming to the left.....oh hell...i'm shooting a deer tomorow!  :death2:

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
moving the rest may work but then there is the chance of knocking you bow out of tune.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
moving the rest may work but then there is the chance of knocking you bow out of tune.

Elaborate please.....

::popcorn:: ::popcorn::

Offline MnArch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Minnesota Archery
What model sight is it? What bow are you shooting? Unless you have a centershot/arrow adjustment problem, this may be due to hand torque or a form issue. Tell us all the details of your setup and we can better determine any suggestions.
You're welcome at
Minnesota Archery
Litchfield,MN
(320) 693-2061