Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Perch 3/9/06  (Read 7392 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I met up with firetiger for a day on the pond. We were supposed to meet at 7am but I had a little trouble finding my way out of bed......

Ended up meeting him on the flats at about 0830. At the first spot we picked up a few here and there. We were marking fish everywhere but just couldn't get them to bite. A couple guys near us had a camera down there and they said the perch were thick but no takers. We ended up hoping around a bit. We hit the boot, 8 mile, 9mile and a couple other spots and just couldn't find any active fish. I called it a day around three. I think we had maybe 10 in the bucket. One was really nice. Had to go at least 13 inches and was very fat. A lot of the perch we caught were spitting up little two inchers. I think the are doing fine without us.....lots of food down there!

I'll have a pic of the monster up tomorrow.

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
yep i know just ya feel lots of moving but no takes till we got close to rocky reef then we started to git in them..
any wheres from 4''-10'' had to pick thought them..
On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing

Offline Dude

Will there still be good ice up there on the 19th?
Wet the net!

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
all depends on what the weather does..
looks like it could get cold agian for next weekend sounds like a low of 0 and a high of 37 so well see..
On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
A little late but here is a perch from the 9th..It was a nice fish. I don't think this pic does justice.

This is "JT"

Offline TK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Andover, MN
NICE FISH! ;D

Offline RonZych

• Outdoorsman
    • ZychWorld
Anyone try the saddle area?
Here,Fishy,Fishy,Fishy