Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 10 pointer mount  (Read 3408 times)

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
some pics of how i did the mountof my 10 pointer

Offline gveire

• Outdoorsman
Nice Mount im trying to do the same to a Mule Deer I shot in Nevada
DU   ~~~ Ducks Unlimited
RMEF ~~ Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
LVHRC ~ Las Vegas Hunting Retreavers Club
Las Vegas Dock Dogs

Offline swamper

• Minnow
Nice,complete with lower jaw.Good job!
Sometimes a natural skull looks better than a bright white to me.
                                                                         Swamper

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
I've heard of guys using 30% hydrogen peroxide to whiten it up.  I asked my wife to get some  from a pally who is in cosmetolegy school and she comes back with some "cream rinse enhansener with 30% hydrogen peroxide."  Would that stuff still work?

BTW - beautiful mount.  I hope mine comes out close to as good.
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline swamper

• Minnow
Grute,that should work fine.I went into a Sallys Beauty shop supply and asked for a gallon of the volume 40,the lady got me one and ask what I was going to do with it,I said well.....I'm going to use it to bleach skulls! She pretty much ended the conversation after that.HEHE
 I degrease the skulls in Dawn dish soap(clear if possible)and water for a week or so depending on the kind of skull,longer for bear,beaver etc. Rinse it well let it dry well and then brush the volume 40 all over the skull being careful not to get ANY on the antlers.I did a large moose skull and put a garbage bag over it so it wouldn't dry out as fast.After it was on for a day or so carefully rinse it well and let it dry thoroughly.It will still look discolored until it's completely dry.This works for me but others have different methods.
Maybe I can post some pics of it sometime.
 I still like tripnchip's natural euro mount!   
                                                                     Swamper

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
I agree.  That's a great mount.  So Trip, is yours not "whitened?"  I thought all the euros were whitened to some point.

If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline LLtaxidermy

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Grut i've heard of guys using that stuff and it is supposed to work, You can also look up a taxidermy supply company and usually can buy it pretty cheap. Just be careful and wear gloves.
Lee Ledford
Leland Ledford Taxidermy
507-990-5882

Offline letgofishing

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
nice mount
last Oct. 30th i bow 8pts buck with huge RUT and i put Mount wall too coming in April to May i cant waiting to see mine buck mount soon...
Daniel Rud

Offline bowhunter73

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Cedar, MN Member #113

I get my Peroxide from Van Dyke's along with the basic white powder from Clairol ( hair care )  All you need to do is mix them together to make a thin paste and apply with a cheap paint brush. It will dry in a day or so, Them just brush off the dry powder somtimes I do a 2nd coat and let dry again. this should work better for you than just the Peroxide alone

Scott
Are you a hunter or do you just kill things? Respect the wildlife!